Digitakt won't reload "whole pattern", "kit data" or Sequence data"

After newest firmware when in imp/exp menu and selecting “reload whole pattern” I get the message “prj must be re-saved” and no changes are made. Before I could do this when running a sequence if I made changes and wanted to revert but now nothing happens and I have to go into Settings -> Project -> Load project. But then the sequence stops, can’t reload on the fly anymore. Anyone else got this or is it a bug or just something new? Don’t get why though…

Cheers

Edit: get the same “prj must be re-saved” if I select reload “whole pattern”, “kit data” or “sequence data”.

I think you should follow the instructions on the screen.

“Project(prj) must be re-saved”

Because of the new firmware, some things might be saved in different locations for different versions. Saving the project stores the file in the format that is compatible with the new firmware version.

It won’t re-load because your file was saved with an older firmware version.

You should always re-save and re-load projects after a firmware update to prevent bugs.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense, off course. With all the new settings. Thanks!!

I have a similar question but im not sure if i should start a new topic…
I’m trying to save a ‘whole pattern’ and reload it into a different project on the digitakt. When i do it its says ‘ptn saved to proj’ then i go to a different project , i reload the whole pattern(sequence/kit/parameter data), it says ‘ptn reloaded from proj’ but nothing is reloaded.

Your post is a little confusing, are you trying to move a pattern from one project to another?.
There are two stages when it comes to saving a project, the pattern data is saved separately from the ram data so when you paste a pattern to a new project and save it to project only the sequence and parameter data is saved, the project ram will need its list populated with the same samples as the previous project and then project saved. Saving pattern to project retains which slots in the ram are used but not what samples they contain, every new sample added to a project will require a project save.

Thanks for your respond! Yes, i’d like to move a whole pattern from one project to another. I think what you are saying is what I tried but it doesn’t load anything. Neither the sequence data nor kit or parameter data.
So what I do is:
in a project I go to ‘pattern menu(imp/exp)’ then I ->then I press ‘save to proj’ -> ‘whole pattern’ (u can also save only ‘kit’ or ‘sequence data’ apparently)…then I open a new project-> I go to ‘pattern menu(imp/exp)’ -> ‘reload from project’ -> ‘whole pattern’ -and it always confirms that ‘ptn reloaded from proj’ but nothing is reloaded. I also tried to copy a pattern separatly, only kit data first, or only sequence data but it doesn’t work.
…somewhere else I read that its not possible to move complete patterns between projects(unless u copy->paste every single track/sequence/parameter data separately, with the FUNC+COPY and FUNC+PASTE option), only between banks in the same project so im a bit confused.
So yes my question is: how can I copy/move a complete pattern with the sample slots and parameter settings to a new project?

I’m pretty sure there is no internal way to copy a pattern from one project to another. But, you can do this quite easily using: crunch/elk-herd

It sounds like you are not saving the pattern to the new project, if you don’t save the pattern to the new project there will be nothing when you reload from project.
A copied pattern will not import samples with it so you will need to either make notes of the list of samples used and their slot locations or make Sounds from each track(func+ imp/exp)and import them through the Sound browser.