Digitakt - Your favorite bass samples for House and Techno?

Hello Friends,

What are your current favorite bass samples for House and Techno?

(For drumms I’ve go enough AR stuff)

2 Likes

I splurged on the sample collection from electronisounds. It’s well worth the 50 bucks and includes not only samples but some pattern sets as well. The pattern sets are for the model samples but the samples are useful to any sampler. He also has digitakt sample collection for the same price so I’m sure it’d be just as good. Here is a link to the model samples set Electronisounds sound packs for Elektron Model:Samples — ELECTRONISOUNDS

Here is a link to the digitakt sample set All Digitakt Packs Bundle (SERIES ONE) - Over 1,000 sounds for Digitakt! — ELECTRONISOUNDS

Best value for 50 bucks for sure!

3 Likes

Single cycle waves are your best bet for fat bass on the DT.
Play around with the sine, saw and square waves in the Factory folder, with the amp env, filters, and 2 lfos you have all the tools to make great sounding bass.

5 Likes

THX! Sounds very promising and like a fair price!

A different approach, I will try that, too.

Got it, including huge bonus packs :+1:

At the moment it feels like I won’t need any further sample and sound packs for my DT.

1 Like

I do an awful lot with just the 8 default samples that are in every project: the mangling capacities of the digitakt are such that I can craft many sounds from those.

I Also like the single-cycle waveforms as someone mentioned above.

Lastly, resampling mangled sounds from the standard +drive library is something I do a lot.
(eg resampling a kick sample with a pitch envelope, some distortion and a bass boost using the resonant hpf as " hard kick" )

2 Likes

Solid bass/Lately Bass. Yamaha DX100/TX81Z presets respectively

THX! samplesfrommars.com seems to be a good source for that.

1 Like

This is lots of fun if you’re of a certain vintage not unlike myself!

Well, the first one was, I’ve not tried the MK2 version

1 Like

Lots of good stuff in the Legowelt sample packs.

2 Likes

Plughugger’s Operatr (~ TE OP-1) contains some nice bass sounds and samples as well.

Good catch! Very rich and deep sounding samples! :+1: