Digitakt's Ext In MIDI CC not working properly?

I have my Digitakt’s External Input set to Stereo, as opposed to Dual Mono.

My FX MIDI channel is channel 9.

According to the manual, MIDI cc for Input L+R level (when in stereo mode) is CC 102.

However, when I control CC 102, it is only controlling the left input level. When I manually use Digitakt’s encoder, it controls both the Left and Right input level together. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

EDIT: I’m on OS 1.5

Thanks!

Second time it post this. :thinking:

that just toggles between dual mono and stereo.

Ah yes my bad. But 102 seems wrong.
It is written twice.
Midi monitor to check what is real CC.

I’d try 110, 111…

Hurry up to finish your message @Humanprogram ! :content:
I tested with a midi monitor : same CC sent with DUAL On and Off. CC 102 Buggy ?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure CC 102 (and the rest of Ext in CCs) controls both when DUAL MONO = OFF, and the Left channel, as higher on the page, when it’s ON (that is, when it shows the 2 sets of controls on the mixer screen.

still processing atm, but here’s a video demonstrating the issue https://drive.google.com/u/1/uc?id=1WO1O9p4bcKj6Mm7HaeUOCO-HeiUmsQcu&export=download

1 Like

Will check video when ready, but I tried replicating the problem and was unable to. When 1 set of controls (Dual=OFF), volume of L&R went up and down with CC 102, left only when Dual=ON , as expected.

are you on 1.5?

Yes, on 1.5. I tested it with different audio coming into the L and R, all working fine, and I wonder if it’s the output side of things that’s causing the issue for you. Does changing the Balance setting when in Dual Mono change the output situation in stereo? Can you test different inputs per side?

I’ll test this in a bit, maybe in a new project, and report back

@vgp I can confirm the issue, even with DUAL off, CC 102 control Left channel only (INLR visually). You can control Right with CC 104, apparently not both channels with 1 CC.

I checked with a midi monitor, INLR encoder send CC 102.

1 Like

yep, just tested it in a new project. same result. strange that @Humanprogram is doing it successfully

Update from Elektron Support ticket:

“Thanks for the report!

I can reproduce the issue and have now reported it to our developers. The bug can hopefully be fixed for the next Digitakt update. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Patrik - Elektron”

2 Likes