Digitone external input delay

Hi friends,
I recently bought DIgitone and I absolutely love this machine.
However, I still have one question, that I could not answer myself: I am using Digitone sequencer to trigger modular system through the midi input on Arturia Minibrute 2S and then receive the audio in Digitone via external inputs. Is there a way to compensate a delay I experience at external inputs from modular?

Non Digitone related question in case someone has the answer : what are the devices that translate midi cc to cv ?

CV.OCD outside the rack, and Mutant Brain in the rack. These two devices use the same firmware, I believe. There are others (Kenton makes one).

Thanks, will check them out :slight_smile:

This really depends on where the latency is occurring. How much of a delay are we talking here?

I would lean towards the MIDI chain being the big culprit here actually. The total latency of converting from analog to digital then back to analog is likely very low.

But I can be wrong of course, haven’t done any proper testing or measuring of this myself but I’ve never really perceived any latency when using the external inputs.

3 Likes

Hi Ess, thanks for the replay.
Actually the issue was that I was sending midi to the external gear through Ableton live and not direct midi output port of the Digitone. Now when I send midi to the modular by midi out of the Digitone no latency at all. :slight_smile: