Digitone feature requests!

The metronome should always work, regardless of overbridge or not PLEASE.

Swing should be able to be added to the arpeggiator. Please.

5 Likes

CONTROL ALL override of sound locks and parameter locks.
It would be a fantastic performance feature and very helpful if we could have a mode or some way of overriding sound locks and parameter locks with CONTROL ALL. Currently this is only possible with one track at the time in LIVE RECORDING mode. So of course if Live Recording mode could record parameter changes for all 4 tracks simultaneously that could do it but a special mode without recording would be great too.

2 Likes

Is there any particular reason why the +drive is limited to 8 banks? Surely as itā€™s only storing Sysex data it could be easily increased like they did with the A4?
Currently thereā€™s not even enough space to store all of Elektronā€™s own sound packs. Mine filled up really quickly once I bought a few a while backā€¦

Oh yesā€¦ and midi arp please :pray:

(Edit) and animating the parameter dials to reflect applied lfo and envelope behaviour would be a great help for sound design too :wink:

3 Likes

A routable envelope follower on the external input would be fun.

1 Like

When pushing down an encoder for bigger adjustments, it would be nice if turning the encoder turned to linear response rather than dynamic like when turning the encoder normally. This would make rhythmic adjustments for recording in live recording mode or in live situations more predictable.

3 Likes

The classic ARP MIDI OUT request
:wink:

8 Likes

How about a key mode where when you pick your scale, all notes not in that scale dissapear rather than just dimming the light so you can have 2 octaves at once? One octave on the black keys and then another octave on the white keys may be quite ergonmic?

Would save heaps of time and be less disorientating to not have to keep changing. I do a lot of wide portamento stuff and Iā€™m crying out for this.

Please :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good idea!

3 Likes

What about trig + no to mute the trig?

2 Likes

Yes, with a different colorā€¦or a 0% trig condition?

1 Like

The ability to turn on and off arpeggiator through conditional trig is actually nice and the speed of arpeggiator can be controlled by LFO.

Other requests

Each LFO with two destinations

Freely assignable complex envelope

Wavetable and sample loaded via USB for each operator waveform

More digital filter and effect options, Comb filter, Formant Filter, Bit rate reduction, Ring Modulation and Equalizer

DN could easily become all-round digital synth with a few more additional features.

5 Likes

Iā€™d love it if the CH.LEN parameter was valid for chained play EVEN WHEN NUMERICALLY HIGHER than the the pattern length. At the moment the parameter is only honoured if less than the pattern length (which you have to discover by yourself).
It reckon this would make chaining far more useful and song-structurey than it is now.

1 Like

Shimmering Reverb

This is such a missed opportunity not to offer new OS updates for DN around this time. As most musicians and youtubers are stuck in social distancing and refrain from buying new gadgets, theyā€™d spend more time writing music with new features and would talk about how great new DN updates are through YouTube.

2 Likes

Even moreso, make triggerless locks work when sequencing with an external device. I love using my iPad and StepPolyArp on the DN, but Iā€™d live to be able to p-lock stuff on the DN at the same time, especially soundpool changes.

1 Like

They not so long since released what I consider to be the best update so far, soā€¦ Iā€™m happy anyways.

1 Like

I am talking about fixed operator ratios, a couple of more LFO and plockable arpeggiator that are more related to the synthesis engine, itself.
The last update of DN and DT especially on improving sequencers in general and streamlining UI also made us happy, of course.

I know, it has been mentioned a few times, but Global midi and cc setting for projects would be a great feature!

4 Likes

Lot of new features in the updates for both Digi machines just came out a few weeks ago! Iā€™d say it was perfect timing.

1 Like

It would be nice to be able to save midi tracks settings as ā€œpresetsā€.
When in MIDI mode, [FUNC]+[IMP/EXP] would open the following panel:

• import midi conf
    would open a list of saved midi conf, I guess just 16(one per trig) would be enough
  • export midi conf
    would offer to save the actual track midi settings in one of the free slot
  • manage midi conf
    right panel would be the same as for the sound manager, perhaps no need for tags though

Iā€™ve created a few base patterns just to copy paste their midi settings but thatā€™s a bit cumbersome.

4 Likes