Digitone for violent aggressive music

Passive, hush noise to study to

4 Likes

Not mine

3 Likes

What do I need to make aggressive and violent music? Everything I do is emotional and melancholic music, my favourite season is the autum and I have a very quiet personality.

I love NIN an the cure. My favourite cd of in is Broken and fragile. Sometimes I need Neil Young and sometimes NIn

Do I need to be angry? Do I need more bpms and distortion​:thinking::thinking::thinking:?

1 Like

Do you listen to any aggressive and/or violent music?

2 Likes

How can music be violent? It can maybe provoke aggressive thoughts or feelings or maybe invoke imageries of eclectic dynamic cosmic events but it can’t be violent imo

Sometimes metal but most of the times the cure, Radiohead, carpenter brut is a little aggressive sometimes etc… Melancholic music…

I’d love to make industrial harsh music, industrial techno, etc… The problem is that I don’t know what to listen… And what to make…

Can you put some great examples?

Start here…

Without TG none of us miserable fucks would have anything to talk about.

HANATARASH!

More Japanese noise.

Power Electronics

Hardcore

Old school Gabber/hardcore

Digital Hardcore

Harsh noise wall

8 Likes

Depends to some extent on your definition of violence and whether or not you accept that violence can take non-physical forms, so you might see certain music as being psychologically violent, for example.

But you really need to experience some of these bands live. I never got to see them, but Hanatarash were incredibly violent live. I think a lot of these genres have lost their ability to shock, I remember going to noise gigs back in the day that were very violent, both in terms of performance and crowd reaction.

It seems pretty normal to describe films containing depictions of violence as violent films, so why not music that depicts violence?

2 Likes

Man that Satan Guess What is an all-encompassing journey

1 Like

Great, isn’t it.

I’d never had guessed I’d get Hardcore but it’s very good indeed

1 Like

It’s interesting how it changes constantly, yet still has the same kind of tunnel effect I like from never changing techno

2 Likes

If you like NIN, check out some of the bands that inspired Trent Reznor, like Ministry and Skinny Puppy.

What do you need? The right mentality really, and some good FX to FSU. A cheap sampler and a distortion pedal will get you far. Or a Digitone. :slight_smile:

But you will have to put some heart and real emotion into it, it’s all too easy to parody.

2 Likes

WOW a lot of homework, thank you very much!!

1 Like

At 44 it’s more difficult to get angry with the world than at 16.

1 Like

Yeah, getting angry about how often the council empty my bins doesn’t have quite the same level of gravitas as the things that pissed me off when I was 16.

5 Likes

Youtube shorts can do the trick, like “how to make your girlfriend do everything for you” (it was disconnecting power and then pretend to ‘fix’ it with the noise of a driller).

3 Likes

Yeah, that’ll do it.

2 Likes

I certainly don’t! How could i?

Same as we call some movies action movies! They depict action. Totally different to what music is! If music can depict violence then it’s not a music but something else, or a music that contains some not musical elements that depicts violence.

The word is being used metaphorically. As such, whether it applies depends on the listener, but it can be a useful phrase.

1 Like