Digitone for violent aggressive music

What do you think fucked with a knife by Cannibal Corpse is about?

I’ll give you a clue, he’s not singing about how much he loves kittens.

1 Like

Exactly! You’re talking about lyrics; i was talking about music! Those lyrics are non musical elements in the track!

Bit pedantic.

Whatever though, can’t be arsed.

Oh man, I had no idea. bummer dude! I love kittens!

1 Like

Agree

And agree

Bpm: fast
Overdrive: up
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Bpm: slow
Overdrive: up
:facepunch:

1 Like

Oww!

1 Like

Acidcore (Old Classic’s) :

1 Like

Listen to “hammer smashed face” and how the first riff depicts the hammer.

3 Likes

I don’t know who’s crazy here but I’m i the only one here noticing that you have in the title of the track explained buy use of LANGUAGE and WORDS (non musical elements) that some hammer is smashing someone’s face?! Am i on funny pills?!
The riff has nothing to do with that; it sounds like millions of other riffs in the genre! You think that every of those millions of riffs has something to do with hammers and faces? Someone decided to infuse the meaning with WORDS, that’s all! Otherwise the majority of ppl listening to that genre wouldn’t understand that it’s about a hammer that smashed a face.

1 Like

So you’re saying that singing isn’t music?

Because it is.

Therefore any lrical content is part of the song, part of the music. Often musical elements or motifs are part of the theme, sometimes that theme is violence. You see where I’m going here…

I’m sure @jeanne could probably say it better, she’s the real deal when it comes to this sort of stuff.

I really don’t know why you’ve decided that this is the hill you’re dying on this week.

Just because this music doesn’t meet your very narrow and very personal criteria for what is or isn’t violence doesn’t mean that the use of the word violent is misplaced regarding certain types of music. The world doesn’t have to modify it’s language to accommodate your pedantry.

I really don’t know why I’m bothering with this, I know it won’t achieve anything, but here we are.

7 Likes

That’s right! I don’t think that singing is music, the language part! The chromatic part of singing is music tho
Singing in imagined language that is not semantically defined is pure music also
We usually say that songs are music but it’s bc of the chromatic part of the song normally; i don’t care what my grandma thinks about it and is she right when she calls a song music bc she doesn’t think much about music as majority of ppl don’t

It matters much bc there’s a possibility that you could change your mind; shockingly ppl do that sometimes; we must believe it is possible! :wink:

You want me to agree that lyrical content should be disregarded when discussing musical themes and that music without lyrical content cannot convey violence?

Good luck.

1 Like

That’s right! You’re not talking about music but about semantics of language on one side and projections on other!

You told me that im being pedantic! Well… Good luck to you being so superficial!

Ok, done here.

2 Likes

Music can convey emotions which can can convey violence.

But can your digitone do this!?

DN feature request - Gene Hoglan, please!

Seriously though I sold my DN now as part of my slow retreat to the box, but with a little outboard processing it can go nuts. It can sort of go nuts standalone but by I think it needs a bit of help to slay with others.

If you use your exact same question, and following opinion, but change the word violent, for happy, sad, funny, annoying, groovy, banging, funky, poliitcal, satirical, romantic, depressing, etc etc

Do you see?

5 Likes

And yet here we are with Hammer Smashed Face’s opening riff instantly recognizable from all these ‘millions of other riffs.’

2 Likes