Digitone is now shipping

You in the deep thick!

But man they are only babies for a really short time. Enjoy him.

3 Likes

It’s crazy but I’ll do my best. 2-3 hours of sleep at a time is not easy but it’s also an amazing experience.

5 Likes

Deeply sorry to hear about this. We’ve responded to your support case and sort you out with a replacement unit immediately.

10 Likes

Weird pattern lights is a software issue - best to write that here too!

6 Likes

I ordered from Musicstore.de too. Was showing as 12th for me.
Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Congrats dude. Our twins are now 6 weeks old so we are up every 2 to 3 hours too. Thank goodness for our beloved Elektronauts forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Simon, thanks a lot for taking care of me so quickly.

2 Likes

Until you get the second…

2 Likes

I spent all night messing with my DN, synced up with my analog four mkii. Honestly it feels like this is something pretty special. I haven’t bonded with a synth as fast as the digitone. Seriously, it’s just so fun to turn knobs and hear the beautiful fm morphing in crazy and inspiring ways. Really inspires creativity. And now I really need to learn the algorithms. Hats off to you elektron, this may be my favorite elektron box so far!

9 Likes

I’m curious, how would you compare the DN to the A4? Any common ground? Do you plan on keeping both?

man I hope sweetwater gets a batch asap I cant wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wait with ordering, until i get more user reports, that the device is actually working without crashes and without knob /encoder problems.

That kind of self control is not one of my virtues.

4 Likes

I agree. It is really quick to sketch a melody and an arrangement. Solid presets but also quick to make own sounds.

Even if the synth engine would not turn out to be really deep, I could still see this as the starting point for compositions and a sketching pad for beats. You could easily bang up 80’s synthpop with this alone or especially with another synth.

Something special indeed.

If you have to decide for one, I’d lean towards a (working!) DN. Both will be able to do things the other doesn’t. A4 has features (eg. plockable arp, deeper synthesis options, dedicated FX track) DN hasn’t. Ultimately, you probably want both.

I have the A4 and I’m keeping a very close eye on the DN because it sounds very different. I’d like to add the DN later this year but I’m trying to figure out if it’s overkill or not.

Maintaining a public list of know issue for all devices and keeping track of the status of those issues would be a great way to keep current and future customers informed.

It would also communicate clearly that all software has bugs to some degree and that there’s a willingness to try and resolve known issues where possible.

Furthermore, it would help reduce the support load for the people working at Elektron because there wouldn’t be a need to submit support tickets for known issues. Instead, the list could allow people to flag issues that are important to them, or even append information that might help with resolving them, or steps that could help with testing (especially helpful for interoperability issues).

Finally, it would help reduce the amount of fear, uncertainty, and doubt surrounding a specific product. The Digitakt is a good example of this; on both this forum as well as elsewhere on the web, a lot of misinformation can be found that could easily lead potential customers to assume that “MIDI is entirely broken on the Digitakt”.

An official list of known issues would make it clear which things exactly don’t work, what does function as intended, and would help reduce people repeating things they read about elsewhere that might already have been fixed, or at least help reduce the effect whereby things get bigger the often times they get retold.

7 Likes

I work for one of the largest software vendors in the world and we do this, because it’s the right thing to do. You could even use machine learning to eliminate duplicates and FAQs, identify hot spots and provide automated responses where applicable.

3 Likes

just unboxed and tested mine and everything looks perfect !

2 Likes

I really hope that it stays this way!

Elektron’s new boxes have been clearly rushed out… It’s not really excusable at this price point.

1 Like