Digitone is now shipping

Yeah… Got my DN today. Sounds amazing. I can confirm the arp crash/freeze… Glad to hear a fix is coming!

How does that master overdrive sound?

I had a hungry angry baby to feed (2 week old son). He’s chillin so maybe I’ll get back at it now.

I ran into a minor hardware issue, not enough of an issue for me to return it. The red LED on the pattern 2 button is rather dim compared to the other ones. Probably a wrong resistor, bad solder job, or a partially bad RGB LED. I’d rather just open it and fix it myself down the road than deal with sending it back for warranty. I can still tell it’s lit and it will be an easy fix (for me).

The first 2 pictures show pattern 1 and pattern 3 lit up to compare to the last picture when pattern 2 is lit up more dim.
No other issues so far.

1 Like

I’ll check it out the overdrive once the baby goes back to sleep.

2 Likes

congrats on both new babies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fixing it won’t void a warranty will it?

Probably but I don’t usually use warranties anyway. I used to work for a music equipment repair shop(authorized repair for Roland/Korg/Yamaha/Presonus, etc, etc…). I’ve been in the Electronics field for 10 years so it’s usually quicker for me to just fix it myself for something as simple as this.

Since it’s such a minor issue I’ll just leave it as is until I’m sure there are no major issues before I void my warranty.

3 Likes

Thank you! Both seem great so far! :hugs:

3 Likes

Brilliant! Good on ya!

Bet it’s nice to have skills you can actually use! Most of my skills are in Excel and SQL- if I run into a problem in my life, I can’t just put it into a Pivot Table and solve it :smiley:

4 Likes

I have the same problem. I am glad I am not the only one!

It looks pretty nasty to me. That odd blue color on 2 trig and unlit 1 and 9… You dont really know if 1 and 9 have patterns on it until you click.

It is odd. Maybe they’re using better displays or managed to fix the ghosting in software :thinking:

I think what you’re seeing is most likely a software bug. Mine looks the same when I hold the pattern key. In other modes those buttons can light up to full brightness so it doesn’t seem like a hardware issue. My pattern 2 button is dim when selected (red). Is yours?

1 Like

Yes same story. I hope it is software issue!

1 Like

The other issue is most likely a software thing, 99% sure on that one. The button 2 red led could be a BOM (Build Of Materials) issue like the wrong resistor got put in that spot or something similar. Unless all of the LED brightness’s can be controlled by the firmware, then maybe button 2 led is a software issue as well.

Maybe we can get some more confirmations on this from other Digitone owners.

I ran a Sine tone through it and I have to say it sounds pretty good so far. It’s not overly aggressive and seems really useable. When you really push it you seem to lose some of the low end. I also tried a really high resonance filter sweep and then things got really filthy and broken up.

For a short mess around I think it sounds like it’s pretty musical and useful. I’ll keep playing around and maybe record what I did above to post here soon.

5 Likes

Seriously, what’s up with quality control at Elektron? Is there a thread about it?

1 Like

Elektron aint Apple.

i feel you. it gets easier! well maybe aint your first.

1st one