Digitone Keys Step Mode not functioning properly

Greetings.

Since the 1.30 update brought the new step sequencer function. I have been attempting to get it to function properly. I am using the Digitone Keys via Ableton 10. I have it properly setup for all other forms of workflow just fine. I would however find it useful to enter sequences via the step mode just introduced last update. with the standard step record mode (REC+STOP) I see the blinking faint green LED on step 1 - however when I go to enter a note on the Digitone Keys keyboard, the sequencer does not advance. I read in the manual about configuring the auto channel, this has not been relevant to me with my setup for the DNK so far, and was puzzled by the lack of clarity on that.

Maybe it is the way the words are written in the manual, regardless though, I am attempting to remedy this problem. From the videos I watched on some users explaining this feature, it seemed pretty straight forward. I will attempt the process not with ableton but just in stand alone mode. Has anyone else encountered this roadblock with the step sequencer?

I am able to hit LEFT or RIGHT on the directional pad and advance the step forward, but that seems rather un-intuitive and not as intended.

going to keep tinkering with various configurations until I can figure it out. Definately put a hitch in my workflow this evening. buzz killingtons

You should just be able to put it in step record mode and when you press a key it will advance to the next step… I don’t have the keys version so not sure how it works with that

Yes it should… I agree. I am not sure why it doesn’t. As for the Keys version being varied with this function. I do not think it would be different, have seen some tutorials on this function with the DigitoneKeys, and those folks showed it working functionally.

I’m just trying Step Mode for the first time with my Digitone Keys, and it also is not advancing (it records all key presses into the highighted trigger instead of advancing). Did you ever find a solution for this problem?

Hi there TheBayIdentity, I have not bothered to use this function as I could not get it to work properly.