Digitone Midi - controlled by DAW

Hi,

I can get it synced but I’m just not able to select soundbanks via my DAW so resort to manually changing on the Digitone. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

hi, by soundbanks you mean presets or banks and patterns?

Sorry, yes that’s right. I should add that I’m doing this over USB. Perhaps I should be using a MIDI Din?? Thanks

so… sound presets? or banks/patterns?

1 Like

Banks only. For the moment at least.

not sure what DAW you are using but in Ableton Live 11 you can send Program Change with the a clip, you just need to set midi out to DN channel 10 I think (by default it’s on AUTO CHANNEL which is 10 but you can set a dedicated channel in DN MIDI Settins > Channels) and select the Pgm value from Launch menu (or another menu on other Live versions)

the banks / patters should correspond to 1 (A01) to 128 (H16) and it will change the pattern on clip launch, here’s an example to play Bank A Pattern 05:

for other daws it could be different gui but the method is the same, send to Program Change channel a Program Change from 1-128

1 Like

Sorted. I just did a factory reset and followed your instructions and it’s working. Thanks for taking the time to write the above :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

no problem!