Digitone MIDI setup help

Hi
i subscribe to the community because i have received my Digitone version 1.0 and do not manage to use MIDI tracks via Digitone midi out to ‘MIDI solution quadra thru’ to 2 keyboards and secondly to sync digitone midi thru with roland tr 8
please could you help me
thanks

‘MIDI’ Thru is a copy of MIDI In, if nothing appears at DIN MIDI In then No midi will be sent here

‘Sync B’ is for Din Sync protocol which predates MIDI and would only work between two supporting devices

test MIDI tracks without thru box to begin with and ensure you have MIDI track Channels properly enabled - see manual or browse OT topics on this common beginner issue - once you have MIDI tracks working then set up to taste; keep it simple to start

A quadra thru can host 4 devices so perhaps you still have space to hook the Roland to the Digitone via that - if DN is master clock

thanks for quick reply
i will try that later
but i’d like to use roland tr8 as clock master, an external midi keyboard for digitone keys and digitone MIDI tracks for my 2 other synths

you may need a midi merge ahead of the DN … unless you can send a ‘Soft’ Thru(@ Out) of the TR clock going into the ext controller - these would need to appear at the ext keys Out - so it depends on how that device handles/forwards incoming clock (whether it’s repeated/processed at the Out, groove boxes can do this, not sure if your device will or if it will have a soft merge)

sounds like you need a merge or a different layout

To avoid the need to buy a MIDI Merge :
1-Connect the keyboard’s’ MIDI OUT to TR8 MIDI IN
2-TR8 MIDI OUT to DTN MIDI IN
3- DTN MIDI OUT to Quadra thru
4- Quadra thru OUTs to the two synths.

Enable DTN MIDI SYNC from MIDI (not USB). Enable the right channels to receive MIDI from on TR 8 and DTN. Enable /disable MIDI channels on other synths and make sure everything is set to the appropriate channel.
Set up the DTN to pass incoming MIDI through its MIDI OUT port. Enable TR8 MIDI Clock output and find the setting to make incoming MIDI data be passed through the MIDI OUT port. Also called MIDI Echo. This is so you can play the DTN and the other synths from your controller keyboard. Not all machines have this MIDI Echo so if the TR8 does not you’ll have to use the DTN as the master clock so:

1-Controller keys MIDI OUT to DTN MIDI IN
2-DTN MIDI OUT to Quadra thru
3-Quadra Thru outs to the rest of the gear.

I’d play around with both setups as one machine may have better MIDI clock than the other.

1 Like

thank you

I am trying to control the Novation Bass Station 2 (which I just got recently), using Digitone via MIDI Out. It worked initially, then stopped working… any thoughts from anyone familiar with these 2 machines, on what I might be doing wrong? I only see one setting for MIDI on the BS2 … Thanks!