Digitone setup expanding - drumcomputer vs. sampling and effects?

Dear community,

I lost my heart on my digitone and entered the beautiful world of electronic music. I also owe a Boss RC505, which i use for vocal and guitar loops. Now I seek your wisdom advice on the question how to expand my setup. Here are some data:

• Budget around 1500 € (lucky me!); Within this budget I would like to complete my setup
  • I don’t owe a PC or Laptop
  • I focus on live performing, improvisation but also songwriting (trip hop, synthie-pop, downtempo, dubtechno, ketapop)
  • Of course I already did some research including youtube tutorials; I first though of Analog rytm, then of second hand Machinedrum, then of an Octatrack, then a Digitakt plus Analog Heat and finally a got lost.
    Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas, experience and time))

PS of course also ideas on non-elektron equipment are welcome!

I’ve gone from the Octatrack to a combo of the Digitone + Digitakt and I haven’t looked back.

You could also look at the novation circuit tracks, and rhythm, but the Digitakt is a monster of a sampler - it above ALL - it SOUNDS fantastic. It has better FX than the Octatrack too.

Digitakt will certainly be a more forgiving learning curve than Oct or Rytm

OT or rytm might be worth the extra effort in your use case as they have song modes, which the digitakt lacks. So you’ll be able to program song structures ahead of time and have your hands free for guitar.

1 Like

Adding a MPC One or Live would cover all sampling and beat making duties, and give a wide range of fx too.