Digitone Sysex project/pattern receive does nothing

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased the fabulous @Ess album Granules and I’m trying to load the Sysex onto my Digitone so I can perform the tracks as well as listen to them.

I complete the steps both in Transfer and C6 and the Digitone tells me it has “Received Pattern A01…” and so on through all the patterns. I was expecting the active Project to be overwritten by the incoming data, but there is no change.

I’ve tried it with a completely blank project and also with one that has a few patterns on it and in both cases the project is exactly the same as before the Sysex dump, nothing is overwritten.

I’m definitely set to USB Midi to receive Sysex, and I can see the patterns being received in the Settings->Sysex Dump->Sysex receive->Receive Any menu as well.

I’ve seen other similar threads in the past about not being able to send Sysex between versions, is this still an issue? I have the most recent OS and I would assume the album’s Sysex was created from a previous OS.

Can anyone help me?

I have exactly the same problems with sysex. Hopefully someone can help us

Could be the Sysex was created on a earlier DN firmware. This happened to me trying to reload a backup Sysex.

I had too downgrade the DN, transferred the files, and upgraded again. Not sure if this recommended or not but it worked for me.

1 Like

I heard that several users have reported this to Elektron as a bug, but it’s been several years. I feel like sysex backups are an important feature to support. Is there any update from Elektron on this?