Digitone without presets

Has anyone done this for Digitone?

The idea of starting completely fresh with every instrument is enticing, but also scary :slight_smile:

Start a new project !
Edit (Wrt original query about the A4’s tabula Rasa upload)

The A4 is specifically about creating a 1:1 relationship between patterns and kits … so as there’s no kits on DN there’s no need.

2 Likes

Thanks, looks like I misunderstood the term - updated the OP.

1 Like

I never used any preset with any instrument ever. I thinks it creates a very intimate relationship between you and your sounds.

1 Like

DN was my first elektron box, so I used presets only in the first couple of weeks when learning the sequencer and the menus etc., once i’ve got a clear understanding of the workflow I’ve moved to a fresh project and didn’t use any of the presets since, didn’t delete them but never listened or looked at them again… every time I start fresh sine and see where it takes me…

I think it’s fun and not scary at all!

I suppose if I would use any of them it would be in purpose of learning a patch for a specific sound, but also i wouldn’t use the preset, rather try recreating it…

1 Like

I am lazy and not creative about drum sounds. I use presets for those, typically loading a kick, snare and hihat into the project sound pool and using them together on a single DN track. I suppose I’d learn more about synthesis if I made my own drum sounds.

2 Likes

I tried that recently, but then I have spent about an hour watching fm theory videos and thinking about sine self-modulating itself with a feedback loop and then that was it. Next time it will get easier for sure, haha!

I always start fresh without presets for every session. Just bought a Digitone again and the first thing i did was a factory reset to delete all the soundpacks the former owner bought.

1 Like