Digitone Won't Play After Pattern Change on Digitakt

I have a Digitakt connected to a Digitone, which then runs into a 2nd Digitone.

When I change the pattern on the Digitakt and trigger a sample both Digitones won’t play a note. I then change the Digitakt back to pattern 1, and both still won’t play a note. I then trigger a sample on the Digitakt and both Digitones can play notes again.

Not sure what the issue is.

Triggering a note on the DT shouldn’t be playing the DN unless you’re controlling the DN with the DT MIDI channels. If you’re talking about the fact that the DN does not reliably change patterns when you do a PC on the DT, that’s a known bug that is related to the per-track length/time settings.

I am playing the notes on the Digitones and they are connected through audio and midi. They both work until I trigger a sample in a different pattern on the Digitakt. Then they stop working. If I go back to pattern 1 on the Digitakt the Digitones still will not play until I trigger a sample in pattern 1 on the Digitakt, then I can play notes on the Digitones again.

Is the DT audio going into the DN or the other way around? Make sure each pattern has the input mixer settings correct.

That worked, thank you

1 Like