Dirty Dirty Synths

I feel like this thread is the reason horsehair vacuum cleaner brushes were invented.

4 Likes

Discount filth is good. Hobbyist recycling should be a high-status activity, not something to hide.

2 Likes

Y’all are gonna love this one. Cheapest on the market.

3 Likes

I pretty much only deal with eurorack modules these days, meaning that any guck being flung at the modules easily falls/runs/pours right off the panel.

So yeah. Only buy equipment with a vertical operating surface.

2 Likes

Aaaaargh! >.<

2 Likes

Yup, eurorack is always clean as a whistle

1 Like

Related but maybe a slight tangent - I hate gear that comes with a rubberised coating that ultimately turns sticky and nasty. My QuNexus isn’t there yet but it’s going to end up there, I can tell. I’ve generally had to scrape it off using a credit card and some isopropyl, but it’s not a fun task.

2 Likes

Local pickup only, USPS won’t let you ship biohazards.

1 Like

Wow. Is that household dust? Or dandruff? :nauseated_face:

0-coast I got the other week :flushed:

2 Likes

Grim.

1 Like

You’d think these were coming from building sites.

Grime, grit, and grunge.

That and the eurorack, eegh.

1 Like

You laugh but you had enough cement to make you a small wall for free.

Thanks, folks, i’m now ultra paranoid about minor dust on my sales images :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will follow you and quietly judge you…

1 Like

I don’t plan on finding out

1 Like

Not a synth, but it is Vintage 1990’s Made in Japan bro. Sells for $280 refurbished. :upside_down_face:

It’s a bug bear of mine too. I always keep gear clean, and also super clean it before selling.

There’s some shockers on Reverb, usually listed as “Mint”. Always triggers me when they also say “minty fresh” in the description…

Here’s a shining example: Mint my arse. Take it out of the rack and clean it to take a photo if you really want to sell it you lazy skanky fk.

And another…

3 Likes

You judge quickly,
the first was probably in a sawmill or carpentry workshop…