Dirty Dirty Synths

You’re right, I was a bit harsh. Just get irritated by laziness.

1 Like

Both notorious clean rooms and where you host “mint” tools you care about :smiley:

1 Like

Every time I open used electronics I have a fear it will just be full of bugs… that’s why I always release spiders inside my synths before sealing them up :spider: keeps em bug free.

4 Likes

600€, an amateur?

1 Like

Wellwellwell, this is an Elektron forum right? Dust, spilled sticky “something” and hair.

Peak is not better… How do you spill just a bit in every knob? How is that possible?:

Excellent condition, under all the body soil.

2 Likes

More like Verruca Beats amirite?

I like how they wiped the flat part at the top of the panel, and were like yep, good enough

4 Likes

This is for the buyer to get an idea of the color of the synth. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Warts, syphilis, who even knows?

Saw this on Reverb. I guess the background subconsciously raises the desirability right?

2 Likes

should be in the show your (janky) set up thread I guess. What else is hiding in the bin!

Deckard’s Dirt

3 Likes

Mmmmmm cyberdirt

Would you buy a second hand dj controller from this man?

2 Likes

It’s weird to see ppl selling their gear online with pictures that clearly show a thick layer of dead skin powder, hair that looks pube-ish and all kinds of suspicious and disgusting stains.
I mean can’t they se anything wrong with the picture? :rofl:

Perhaps by meticulously collecting all that shit into a minigrip bag and sending it back to them would be the right way of dealing with ppl like that, so that they could just pour it on their new acquisition to make it familiar right away.

2 Likes

Currently for sale in the UK at a great price:

I do want a second Heat, but maybe without so much of the previous owner’s “personalization”.

4 Likes

Oh dear. Not just bringing the heat…

I cleaned my Wavestate so carefully before I put it up for sale. I didn’t want it to end up on this thread!

4 Likes

On the other hand I’ve gotten some great bargains bidding on grimey looking gear that’s taken 5 minutes to clean up to mint.

So keep your gear grimey folks - and make sure to upload blurry photos to your listings Nate likes a gamble.

9 Likes

Ha, not just that but I’ve always been very much of the attitude ‘do unto others as you would have them do unto you’ - for me packaging is probably my bigger gripe than grime - some people are so carelessly lazy with it.

When something is advertised as coming with its original box, but then they just stick tape and a label on it and send it as is :neutral_face:

I bought something recently that included packaging material in the photo, and I could see it wasn’t enough, so I even asked the seller, “Hey please make sure it’s packed extra safe” etc.

Turned up basically loose in the box with the adapter prongs snapped in half…

When I send stuff I aim for it being able to survive being thrown off a train.

5 Likes