1. Wash hands
  2. Remove decksavers
  3. Quick dust with clean paintbrush
  4. Reverse process when finished
  5. 3 year old son wipes jam over everything
  6. Mental breakdown
  7. Clean kit
13 Likes

My 4 year old is always supervised around my “Beep Boop Boxes” after similar sticky finger incidents…

Inspired by real life events and circumstances.
Show us your disgusting gear only a mother/synth addict could love.

I’ll kick things off:

edit: thanks for moving/merging, @avantronica :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Looks like it was installed in a kebab shop for customers to jam while eating a doner

…I’m pretty sure Elektron will sell a replacement front panel?

I can’t tell if the paint is blistering, or just tape residue.

If it is residue then remove the panel, so that you don’t mess up the soft plastic of the buttons and knobs, and you should be able to clean it up with some goo gone. You don’t have to use that brand specifically, good hardware stores will have other brands and types of goo remover. Practice with a small amount to make sure it doesn’t take the paint off before trying to clean the whole thing.

2 Likes

I’ve come to a conclusion that ‘mint’ is just a typo for ‘lint’, and that there’s a good chance most of these sale listings have been compelled by significant others and it’s an attempt to put off buyers.

5 Likes

Having spent years restoring vintage tube amps and reel2reels I’ve come to the conclusion when the new adoptee arrives expect to tear it down to clean it up, which also makes it possible to evaluate if anything has been modified under the hood.

3 Likes

That is always the benefit of a clearly dirty bit of kit - you plan for a strip and spa and it usually works better as a result.

One of the biggest gripes of any second-hand Eurorack buyer is people that think the recommended torque for an M3 screw is 70nm.

Were they trying to stop it getting away??

6 Likes

Hahaha yes a little rack rash is one thing but some people clearly get carried away with the roid rage

2 Likes

re: pubes.
My arm hair looks pubey, when seen out of context. And my arms are just this side of manly downy. I’m sure there are lots of dudes with strong arm hair that looks like pubes. So that might put you somewhat at ease about the previous owners pecker touching the gear you intend to fondle.
Can’t comment on the other stuff, except that all of those build up gradually. One does not notice a change and if the gear is in a studio with mood lighting, then one might never see it. And surely never think to clean it.

I personally double check if the gear was not in a smoking booth. Tar is just nasty and the smell takes months to air out.

1 Like

Best thing I’ve read all week :rofl:

2 Likes

Dusty dusty dusty

… anyone knows a good way to get strong perfume smell out of second-hand gear?

3 Likes

Maybe give it a light rub with a cloth with a little Isopropyl alcohol on it.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give it a try :wink:

Make sure to do a little test patch first somewhere innocuous, just in case.

1 Like

…I think you purchased someone’s lover. You might need bleach >.<

(Don’t use bleach)

So this was the eBay advert:

And this is what it looks like after 10 minutes work:

12 Likes