Distortion/bitcrusher/processor for digitakt

@vasidudu I ‘d like to keep it stereo…

I have the standard Geiger and it is insanely good and brutal for sound mangling (not stereo though).

1 Like

The EHX Operation Overlord sounds great on drums…https://youtu.be/ZKD8aJJ8_a8

2 Likes

Don’t overlook EHX.
I’m no industry expert, but I feel like they, in some ways, paved the way for the pedals fx industry we have today.
I have had the bigass BASSBALLS for almost 20 years. Never had a problem with it.

1 Like

Interesting - the Aftershock hadn’t hit my radar.
Now I’d be in decision paralysis.
Does the Aftershock do everything the LA Lady can do - just with a capacity for better handling of more low-end? OR or does it slide down the spectrum from mid-high to low-mid…?

1 Like

I think the best set up for the sound I am looking for would be Digitakt in Ottobit jr in EHX Op Overlord in mixer stereotrack.

1 Like

worth cross-comparing the Overlord with the EHX Platform - though guess the Digitakt compressor might have you covered - can smash things into the Platforms limiter.

Edit: but yeah, sounds like you’ve worked it out, nice!

1 Like

Ok just ordered the EHX Op Overlord (and a Strymon el capistan but that is another subject) for my Digitakt… i’l let you know what I think about it soon.

Korg NTS1 has some nice/nasty plugins, and is pretty useful in general

1 Like

This might be OP’s best option. It’s cheap but powerful. It’s smaller and lighter than most guitar pedals. It’s stereo. OP could pick up Corrosion and/or DCM8 from Sinevibes for like $20 each, if there isn’t something suitable to their needs that’s available for free.

3 Likes

Too late ordered the Op Overlord few days ago, I should have it on Monday…

I can tell you know that EHX Op Overlord is no good for what I want for the Digitakt,
It kills too much dynamic and not enough low end, and not enough aggressive, gritty and dirty… but it sounds great on the A4 so I keep it.

Hey. I’m thinking to buy overdrive pedal ard/or tube saturator.
I want to ask just for safety. Can signal go from digitakt output to saturator and back to digitakt input to record DT saturated master in daw
(without sound card) ?

You can do this but it’s problematic because the inputs are put straight back out of the Main Outs creating a feedback loop where the saturated signal is saturated again and again. I was doing this last night deliberately for feedback but that doesn’t sound like something you want in your case.

1 Like

@Narti you mean using OverBridge?
I don’t think so… but maybe with the new master section you can, I never tried…

1 Like

Yea, now I understand it will create feedback.
I’m planning to get digitone so maybe best solution to get analog saturated drums will be DT to saturation to digitone.
I don’t know why but dt to dn idea feels wrong. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Edited: yes for production setup I want record in overbridge.

Pick up DN alone first, as you have a master distortion on it, as well as chorus/delay/reverb.

Also with DT’s compressor, I’ve been pushing things hard inside DT alone with the make-up gain. It’s worth exploring before spending :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already have digitakt just because I have modules in eurorack for melodies
and I want some analog stuff to experiment changing tubes, different pedals…

1 Like

Your absolute best bet then is DT into Heat. Buckets of analog distortion on that (in many different flavours) plus a resonant filter, some basic EQ and it’s a soundcard for OB or USB audio.

2 Likes

I wanted to experiment with pedals, amps… but yes, to get heat is less complicated and maybe other stuff in chain in future. Thanks Craig.

1 Like