DIY wooden laser cut transport boxes for Elektron machines

Laser cut transport boxes for your Elektron machines.
Never break a pot again!

So, I was traveling from Copenhagen to New Delhi and needed to bring along my OT, A4 and MD. It all had to be checked baggage because of size and weight, so I decided to make them their own little “suitcase”.

This can all be done with a laser cutter able to handle sizes of minimum 600 x 400 mm. If you have a Fablab around, the cost is only some time and wood, boom. NB. this is for 4mm thick material. If you are using another material, you HAVE to make a new print file from Boxmaker - otherwise it won’t work.

Here’s the measurements for the outer transport box (remember to correct according to material thickness - this is for 4 mm plywood):

350 x 195 x 75 mm

–> DOWNLOAD CUT FILE <–

Happy lazaring, peeps :smiley:

hi
who cut that for you… in Copenhagen (like me)

ODD

Could you post pictures of the inside ?
How do you settle the machiens in the box ? I mean, if you flip the box upside down ?

Hi Tintao.

Made a 3 mm gap from the outer box of the Elektron-machine and the inner box of the box. I have them secured with bubbleplast or something similar. The fit is so tight, that I need to put the box upside down to get it out :slight_smile:

Here’s a picture.

Hey Old Dub Dude (you Danish?).
I cut it at the Copenhagen Fablab in Valby (ganz gratis). It’s a prototyping lab where you can use the machines free of charge for non-commercial use.
They are also on Facebook and quite kewl.
Biggup

A cool.
I just saw that there is a community lab in my town where you can rent a laser cut machine for 4 euros / 2 hours. I think i’m going to have a look. :slight_smile:

@raskaerbo… thx… off to Valby … yep I’m Danish…Vesterbro!