DN inputs + Headphone output

Hope everyone is safe and well in DN land.

On one of my projects I hear what’s coming to the input jacks through the headphone out even though IN L and IN R on the Master page are set to zero.

On a fresh project it works as expected; I don’t hear any external input until I raise IN L and IN R on Master.

What’s interesting is I hear a bit of the reverb on the input signal too, and raising IN L and IN R does make it louder. Meanwhile, at the main outs, I don’t hear any input signal until IN L and IN R are raised… So it’s something to do with monitoring at the headphone out… I’ve poked around the manual a bit, but don’t know what setting I’ve diddled in that one project.

Any guessers? Anything else I can share to help explain?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a bug or a corrupted project to me. The main outs and the headphone out should be exactly the same as each other. Weird!

Edit: Have you tried putting both the IN L and IN R to max (127) and back down to zero again to see if it jolts them into behaving normally?

Yup - definitely some odd state. Power cycling and loading a different project and going back got it back to expected behavior. Sorry for the noise, and thanks @craig for confirming my understading.

Random thought: low tempo + infrequent trig condition (e.g. 1:8) + scale 1/8 + 4 pages can lead to some SERIOUSLY infrequent triggering (and works with MIDI also). :slight_smile:

1 Like