DN is loosing sync randomly with Overbridge on Ableton 11

Hey,
I actually use DN + DT with Ableton 11 on overbridge, I have an M1 MacBook air, but same issue with my dead intel MacBook Pro.

My DN is loosing all communication with my overbridge VST randomly (let’s say 5-10 times an hours). I need to restart the DN to be sync again. No automations on overbridge, just the plugin running. Basicly I’m working on something and at some point the DN is jamming with it’s own BPM, I don’t need to play with my DN to have this issue.

I’am actually using the last overbridge beta version for Big Sur but I have the same issue with the past version, DN is also update to the last version.

I try to switch the cables, without usb-c hub, nothing different, seem to be an issue with the DN itself… (?)

Do you guys have some ideas about it?

Thanks u !

2 Likes

Are you running on battery or plugged into the charger? I recall seeing this issue manifest more often when power was dodgy or my engine buffer size wasn’t great. I’ve experienced it with all devices at one time or another. I think it’s being looked at but there’s not an easy way to replicate it so it’s hard to say what causes it to happen.

1 Like

Hey thanks, I’m running the DN with the OG charger !

I think the issue is that OS changes this large fundamentally alter the project structure so going back is difficult. I haven’t noticed if the drops are any more frequent than the last version I had installed but they’re still pretty rare for me in general.

You were talking about the computer, right?

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen power management settings when working with laptops seeming to make the likelihood of the sync drop increase.

1 Like

Actually I havent use the DT since a long time, seems to be the same kind of issue with it
:frowning: , it’s definitely hurt my creative workflow …