DN Weird Trk Neighbor Behavior (LFO?)

Can anyone help me understand this strange LFO behavior?

I searched the forum about LFO retriggering, but my tests found it to be working fine (in other patters). This pattern, however, is showing strange behavior.

DN is on the latest OS.

I did some tests to make sure the LFO TRG was working as I would expect it to, and it is. However, I’m getting some odd results here.

Trk 3 has a trigless TRG retriggering the LFO, and the LFO is set to TRG (mod HARM).

If Trk 4 is muted, Trk 3 is pretty consistent (but I’m not sure why it’s not always consistent if the LFO IS BEING RETRIGGERED :roll_eyes:). When Trk 4 is unmuted, Trk 3 starts acting weird.

I’ve since worked around this to finish the track, but I’m just curious (wtf) is going on (if anyone knows).

In the video I show the consistent behavior with Trk 4 muted, then the inconsistent behavior with Trk 4 unmuted.

Just a thought. In the Voice Menu of Track 1, do you have Layer on Track 4 on?

1 Like

No layers are on.

1 Like

I don’t know for your specific situation, but I had a similar issue and after some trial and error my understanding is that the LFO trig trigs per voice, so when you unmute track 4 there is something going on where the voices being used by track 4 interfere with the voice allocations in track 3. So maybe the trig that is inconsistent is trigging on a voice that has a free LFO if that makes sense… Anyway I would try making each tracks locked voices set to the minimum amount of voices you need per track so track 3 & 4 don’t use voices that overlap.

1 Like

I was thinking it had to having something to do with voice stealing too, but the Trk 3 trigless trig comes after the Trk 4 notes (they don’t overlap).

If it is voice stealing related, I can’t figure out how or why.

Yeah, setting voice priority is a good idea to test.

Thanks!