Do I need uHe Diva if I have Pigments? EDIT: solved! ...wait... unsolved.... NOW SOLVED

So, NI is having the big sale on uHe synths, and zebra and diva are top class… but I just got Pigments, and I definitely do not have a need for any more presets on a soft synth…

what is the communities concensus on if this is worth the investment?

1 Like

It’s supposed to be very good but I suspect more time focused on Pigments would do more for your music than splitting yourself many ways.

3 Likes

YUp. Thats the answer I was looking for!

Thanks.

EDIT: By the way, I recognize that I am such a child, where I needed some outside validation about my own opinion. eh… I am what I am.

2 Likes

You can always download and demo Diva if you’re curious to know if you’re missing anything. I’m in the same boat as you - already have a lot of soft synths like V Collection and Pigments - and decided I didn’t need to spend the money on Diva just to hoard soft synths. It sounds good, but better to love what you’ve got for awhile first.

1 Like

That’s good advice, but I have impulse control issues, so I think I should leave well enough alone. If I ever get to the point where I think I need more sounds, then I’ll go in.

Plus, that money can go towards upgrading Kontakt select to standard once the Mascine mk 3 comes in.

But you have the V collection as well. You are definitely GOOD!

I just dusted off the Model D from Moog along with the murf pedal plug-in. Mapped some knobs to my Keystep pro and was having a blast.

1 Like

FWIW, Diva is my favorite soft synth. I don’t think they do sales often. I got the bundle last time (?) they did one. Repro, Diva, and Satin are some of my favorite plugins.

4 Likes

Diva is my most used vst though recently got pigments which could easily become my most used. I think they will both my favs.

If I could only keep 2 synth apps id have everything I need with diva and pigments

1 Like

I bought Diva.

4 Likes

Diva is a very, very good analogue-modelled synth and it sounds great. It’s easy to program and if you want to make fat-sounding analogue basses or “classic” sounds it’s great. I’m in a position where I’m trying to be careful not to have too much overlap and the two synths would fill very different purposes in my opinion.

Pigments is a great synth if you want to experiment and/or build complex sounds with lots of modulation etc. You can use wavetables and layers lots of FX so it’s easy to experiment or build a “wall of sound” type patch.

Diva is great to quickly load and dial up a fat-sounding bass patch or something more modest in terms of complexity but it sounds really great. They have different sound “character” and, to be honest, at the current sale prices they are both absolute bargains.

I already have Pigments and I was tempted by Hive or Zebra but IMO they just fill similar roles and it would be time wasted to learn all the complexities of multiple so-called super-synths. It’s why I’m considering getting Diva (for analogue sounds and fat basses etc) and Sugar Bytes Drum Computer because it has a unique character and a unique sound and it fills a gap.

Just food for thought!

2 Likes

Too many people called out diva as being wonderful, and I decided to pick it up. Thanks everyone for the input.

1 Like

Yes, there is very little overlap between Diva and Pigments. Diva is one of the best analogue emulations you can get, Pigments is just an all-round good soft synth without trying to emulate anything.

I also own Hive and I’d say it’s still worth checking out the demo as it has its own unique flavour. It’s a bit underrated IMO

Well, I went back and forth between Diva, Pigments, and the model D from moog. Diva has the least presets, and the most robust sound. The model D is soo in your face… and Pigments has a distant and sterile quality to it, but the most variety of presets.

Its almost like there is a linear progression between these synths, where they fill gaps for each other. I alos have analog labs, but that is just more pigments in my opinion.

I have both and they are the only software synths I use.

1 Like

Yeah, the deal was too good to pass up.

1 Like

I like Diva, very nice synth. Repro is frankly phenomenal. But I’m quite content with Pigments.

I grabbed Repro during the last sale and will likely grab Diva before this sale ends. It’s been on my radar for awhile.

Also have Pigments <3

1 Like

I think I can get away with just diva. Plus, I own a Matriarch and a Prophet6, so I think I’m good on that sound from the 70/80’s.

1 Like

Too bad they don’t offer Satin separately. I got that in the bundle and love it on the master bus when recording. I would have definitely recommended picking that up on sale!

Not a huge amount of crossover between the two from what I can see. Diva is sworn by by loads of mainstream artists for that big fat analogue sound. Since it plays the emulation role, it’s not likely to cover some of the clever things Pigments does - especially in the realms of granular synths and sampling.

They do

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/pricing/satin/

I’m thinking about getting it, don’t want to spend any more money though!

2 Likes