Do Pete & Bas give you hope for your golden years?

6 Likes

Wow. Mostly they’re making me glad I stopped drinking.

3 Likes

love these guys, love love LOVE Norman Pain

1 Like

Wow. Norman Pain is hardcore compared to Pete & Bas. Much respect to both.

1 Like

No idea what that was but the saying is true, only one cat in a crew can wear a fedora.

4 Likes

this is unbeatable IMO

7 Likes

Ah, so that’s what a #3 is.

3 Likes

I just like it when people actually have fun vs trying to look like they have fun.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This is important and Pete and Bas and crew do look like they actually have fun. I’d hate to end up old with no friends to get goofy with.

4 Likes

I feel like I’m already there yet half their age :confused:

2 Likes

Currently I feel lucky to be 50 and having friends. The old men in my family never seemed to have friends, fun, good health, or long lives. I see a couple of my cousins going the same way. I’m hoping to buck all of that.

6 Likes

Yea, apparently men have a much harder time retaining friends or maintaining friendships which is helpful to know as it’s something to work on, before it’s too late…

2 Likes

Staying ‘public’ with my interests in comics and music have done it for me so far. It’s hard to not make a friend here 'n there if you’re out in public doing the things that relate to your true interests. Also, my dad had literally no friends. That really bothers me so I spend a lot of time thinking about how to behave in order to be real with myself yet also keep as many friends as possible. Far better to age like Pete and Bas and the boyz than to spend the golden years bitter and crabby.

2 Likes

Sounds like the suffering that goes along with being overly self aware. I’ve been a poor friend over the years, often get disappointed in people, who are likely disappointed in me? As long as we actually consider these things I think we have hope…

2 Likes

Loved all these youtube links, thanks for sharing them. My dad has/had no friends. My father-in-law has very few friends. Retaining a sense of joy in life is hard as you get older, imo, cos life carries a big f****ing hammer.

There’s something glorious about bucking the trend with older artists, but why not? Society is outrageously agist. If it takes years of graft to get any good, why wouldn’t older people be…the best?

2 Likes

I’m 50 in May and that pretty much sums me up. I’m working on it… sort of…

1 Like

53 here, still taking my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the street.

Last release was double vinyl album this year, another next year.

9 Likes

And a damn fine lp it is.

2 Likes

i posted the wrong link btw - THIS is the Norman Pain song that i just love SO much

1 Like