Does OB fx remain unedited?

does anyone know OB perfectly?

it’s about mixing at the end of a production via ableton.

the rytm about whether in ableton is that all channels are assigned via an audio track, including FX. then ROUTE TO MAIN all channels is turned off via the rytm settings so as not to get a double signal via the FX channel. up to here everything is fine.

Now my question: if I now e.g. switch a compressor on the BD in ableton, then the BD is compressed, but the processed signal has no effect on the FX - reverb and delay from the rytm. So if I muted the BD in the ableton channel, it would happily continue running through the wet FX, completely unedited.

Is there a solution? because i personally get much better results than using a plugin and reverb.

you could record the bass drum signal post compression in ableton, then send it back out to the Digitakt inputs and apply the DT reverb to that.

bit fiddly, but probably the only way to do it.

EDIT: oops, read post properly… it’s a Rytm? perhaps that is a no go then… can you put the external inputs through the reverb?

that is probably the only possibility. it’s a shame it doesn’t work any other way, because the effects are basically great. I tried to create something similar with plugins using the returns, but it’s just not comparable, even if it might not sound bad.