Donner D-1 Sample Based Drum Machine

Thanks for saying so. I recognize the odor and I’m acting like it wasn’t me but most people probably know. :cry:

To be honest, I’m probably gonna buy it and that stupid looking bass synth too. Because I’m weak and budget priced audio equipment is my kryptonite. Mostly.

Funk Illuminati Fun Fact #456 - Customized luxury one of a kind handmade synths are actually my new kryptonite. The Don Donner Distro Dawg can prolly dig his way into my DM’s though, Durga declared the design to be determined and deserving of derelicts and deviants. Dexter’s dark demon Damien dances with dragons, dwarfs, dopplegangers and desperado disciples. There is delight and decadence in that thare design. Special like sunshine and daffodils. Giggity.

The more I look at it the more I look forward to making bangers on it while looking down my nose at it instead of appreciating the lovely ugly that it radiates. If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life… make an ugly cheap synth your… nevermind.

This is especially funny because I paint nearly all of my budget priced gear to redesign it and end up spending tons of time and even money into customizing it too just to make it look like a wannabe superstar even though it’s totes a trailer queen and fiercely proud. Whatever. If it bangs it bangs and it bangs so bang on.

1 Like

I’ll say this too. Thank you Donner, and other companies like you (Here’s looking at you Sonicware). Poor musicians who want access to cutting edge tech for less than the cost of a car see you and appreciate what you’re doing for the game. Pay for a copy editor, or not, do you. You can have my blessings and my money either way for the intentions and the effort. Cheers.

@Schnork, OMG dying.

1 Like

“Lovely ugly” :joy:

I just watched the Sonicstare (Sonicstare…uhm, yeah…) video and somehow I feel like I fell down the stairs. Anyways, the presenter isn’t wrong. We can sample that.

1 Like

Oh God. Please no. Okay fine, we can not miss this opportunity folks. Submit beats sampling this mess of a promo video to this :thread: or in a DM to me by the end of Spring. I will supplyeth the Ju-ju. Or try to, I’m old. I want to take all the credit but I’m gonna get eaten first so might as well prophesize that @BLKrbbt McCoy will come through to bless my mess before the ashes and dust settle in the west. Ugh. Chtulu help us all. Please. Ugh, I am not sure what this means but I’m gonna type it in anyhoo…The time is nigh. There, I said it. Are we happy now?! Wait! @Buad, may we? I wish we could get consent from the Donner rep but we may have missed the boat. Maybe not. I will reach out if there’s enough interest. :rofl::crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’ve seen much worse promo videos. Poor guy’s not working in his first (or probably second or third) language and he’s being being grilled about a barely working prototype who’s specifications seem a little fluid at best.

Pretty much all trade show videos are cringe as fuck, not everyone can be Cenk.

If the pads are at least half decent, this thing could be interesting, as there’s not much at that price range with a decent set of pads.

4 Likes

Could be similar to the mpx16 and seems around the same price point

1 Like

I’m actually all aboard and planning to purchase. Really. I want two actually.

@Fin25, are we sure he’s not Cenk?

Edit: after my third watch, I think he might be Cenk. The prodigal son returns at last. All hail Chtulu!

If only they thought to put a couple crossfaders on that lady? Or would that make her the tramp?! I think crossfaders are ladylike. Maybe I need more education. Surely. Or maybe medication. :rofl::fire:

1 Like

I had one. Lil beast I called her. She’s on a couple records I made to play in graveyards. Dope lil bunny. Loves giving flowers to strangers and entire families no longer dancing on this mortal coil. Oh and insects and worms too. But all robots seem to like the crawlers. Runs in the fam…chipline.