Donner D-1 Sample Based Drum Machine

Analog Rytm Killer?

Donner D-1 Sample Based Drum Machine

7 Likes

Something tells me the ARs are safe.

20 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

‘Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).’

No!
I’ll better watch thousand synthfluencer bullshit videos!

:love_you_gesture:

edit: There aren’t any! wtf!

1 Like

But this is a “perfoormance” beat machine

25 Likes

whaaaaaaaaaaat!

1 Like

Their bass synth isn’t too bad and only cost £99 ( and has been even cheaper )
Plus one of their team is active on gearspace , there was a firmware update recently.

I don’t expect the drum machine win awards but likely to be cheap and usable ( it’s sample based not sampling )

Change the thread name - it’ll be more useful in future.

2 Likes

RYTM? not even a valid comparison considering it has analog engines AND sampling. more valid is DT or even M:S. but I’m pretty confident it’s not even “killing” those.

4 Likes

You all know OP is having a laugh, right?

13 Likes

Damn you, is that why it says ‘Sold out’ when I tried to add it to my cart.

2 Likes

I received mine (bass synth) last night, paid just £89 with their 10% discount voucher). First impression - cheap body (had one screw missing which I found in the bag), crappy knobs, weird interface (play button is in middle of the Casio keyboard style control panel) BUT it sounds impressive!! AND it’s feature packed for the price point. I did have one weird bug though where the pitch kept changing along with the cutoff knob. Will report that to their Gearspace guy.

Agreed, will update it soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes of course. I was just commenting on the precision of the comparison within the joke. because breaking jokes down and explaining them always makes them funnier.

2 Likes

if this “perfoormance machine” works like their site then I don’t want it even for $0.0

It’s not that obvious tho

I’m struggling to tell which it is exactly.

2nd post nailed it

1 Like

is it a chinese knockoff?

Donner are a China-based company which is known for their cheap knock-off guitars and guitar pedals. Great value but built for shit. Guitars have all the usual QC issues such as sharp fret ends and no thought out into the setup, but with a proper setup they play pretty well. I wouldn’t dream of gifting one of them to a new guitarist without a pro setup but afterwards they’re okay. Same with their pedals actually. Cheap parts, easily damaged but fine for home use.

They seem to have branched out into the electronic music instrument world. Fair play to them.

1 Like

Text review ad, if you’re into the whole brevity thing: NAMM 2023: Donner’s D1 is a simplified drum machine designed for first-time beatmakers | MusicRadar

A ~$100-200 sampling drum machine sounds like a cool thing, really. Not really my cuppa right now, but I could see it filling an empty niche.

2 Likes

Again I struggle to see this logic.
All I am really stating is that people are different.
Perception is not always shared etc.
Nothing new.

Sounds like something I’d love after a night out drinking

2 Likes

You wouldn’t struggle to see the logic if you toured with a board of Donner pedals. :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed, cheap doesn’t always mean nasty, but they have to cut costs somewhere.

1 Like