Drambo (iOS)

You can P-lock the record button in recorder module and it’ll stop recording as soon as it triggers a second record P-lock. (For example, record p-lock the very first step of the sequence and it’ll stop recording when it loops back around. )

@echo_opera which usb hub are you using ?

Thanks !

Does anybody know if it’s possible to route internal audio into the flexi sampler? For instance, have spotify open and playing and record that somehow?

So short answer I believe no, unless AUM or Audiobus can route it. Going to check now.

Just checked can’t see Spotify in AUM , I believe you need an audio inetrface with loopback capabilities like MOTU M4
RME audio interfaces also have that capability. I just got a Presonus 1810c great sounnding interface and a Tascam 208i (noisy headphone output past 2 o’clock position - both no loopback and if it matters no the Tascam has a standaone mode)
I really like the Presonus looking for some other optionsI think I may go with an RME interface

Sorry went off on a tangent on previous post not sure if it was mentioned here but Tube AU can send audio stream from youtube as an alternative to spotify.
I am in the same position want to stream iOS sound ( itunes, spotify , youtube etc to NS2 , AUM , Drambo …

How do you use both simultaneously?

Anyone know if there’s a way to do one shot trigs or 1st TRC in Drambo’s samplers?

Sometimes it’s the simplest of setups which make all the difference. I love how CPU friendly Drambo is. So smooth and fun to use like this:

2 Likes

Here’s how that relationship panned out between Drambo+AUM+MidiMix:
SoundCloud:

YouTube:

4 Likes

There is a ‘once’ conditional trig in the step components. Dunno if that will do a one shot trig… certainly no way to arm and disarm at the mo.

Yes go in STEP, add ( a window will magically open ) choose once condition. Here you go

Well it´s a work in progress.

When I use the computer they are simply stacked, don´t remember the correct name but they are both seen as soundcards. In this way I can route audio and midi to and from the iPad and my hardware, both via usb and cables. It´s great!

Without the computer it´s a little bit different, this is my jam mode.
I wish the iConnect would have ADAT. The workaround is this:
Three hardware synths are always connected to the focusrite.
I then use sends directly connected to those inputs from the focusrite to the three first inputs of the iConnect. You can set this up with the Focusrite software editor.
A fourth send is connected directly to the first input on the front of the focusrite, this is the input i use for microphones and when connecting my Line 6 Helix to the soundcard.
I can´t stream audio via USB this way so the stereo output of the iConnect goes straight into inputs on the focusrite wich are connected to the main out.
This way a can record audio, sequence me external gear from the iPad and add effects to them.
I have more external gear but they are just connected to the focusrite and via direct monitor to the main out, mainly because they don´t need more effects and I don´t feel the need to sample them.

I love this workflow, everything just runs easy and fast.

/A

So far I’ve been running Drambo in standalone mode and building percussion instruments with the osc modes , waveguide, shapers etc. I’m getting some lovely, nasty (and a lot in between) melodic fm, shaped, wave-wrapped perc sounds. A bit uncouth to say it here, but Drambo has totally cured my gas for a Modal Cycles :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Care to share a screenshot or template or something?

I’ll PM you a couple of presets if you’re interested.

4 Likes

sure

though i imagine lots of folks here would be interested haha

3 Likes

There’s a PatchStorage room if you wanna share :wink::facepunch:t3:

Check out this cool SH-101 I just discovered today:

3 Likes

Had a go at using a lot more of the Step Components in Drambo this morning, and ended up with something which I think sounds nice.

Here’s a little breakdown of what’s going on in the track.
. Used Cycle Conditions to allow a single Chord to play out and reveal itself over time and to also change octave at specific points in the pattern.
. Used a 2nd instance of Drambo using the nice Digitakt project someone kindly posted on PatchStorage to drive the drums
. Used a 3rd instance to add some background fx and sounds to fill out the entire piece.
So all in all, I used a very simple setup to make a somewhat evolving composition using 3 instances of Drambo.
Each day I use Drambo, I realize more from it. It’s an amazingly powerful and friendly app to create with.

Here’s the experiment from this mornings moment with Drambo:

5 Likes

Here’s techno project I patched up from scratch. On this there are two tracks: with samplers - the drone is a chord i loaded in the flexi and a factory bongo in a one-shot, all others Drambo osc’s noise etc. Finger jammed on the screen.

5 Likes

Love it man! Had me shaking and bobbing over here…:facepunch:t4::cb_m::cb_o::cb_r::cb_e:

1 Like