Drambo (iOS)

here’s a bit of that…

tried to get some other sounds going but nothing stuck. I LOVE being able to put a filter after a reverb (all on an insert!) and MODULATE the filter with an LFO! I BEG for these sorts of things in tons of non-modular environments and in Drambo it’s always easy as pie. At first I modulated the filter with the audio output from the reverb itself and got some gnarly, interesting sounds out of it.

3 Likes

Make sure the velocity dial is turned up on the module then draw in velocity value … (that there me off too)

1 Like

One of the downsides of Drambo is that sharing files/projects can be a PITA because of the flaws with the Files app and IOS file management in general. Some tips posted on the AB forum which may be useful to some:

A little hint at how to use WebDAV locally:

• Enable WebDAV in Drambo (burger menu, scroll down). Drambo will always stay active in the background once WebDAV is enabled
  • Open Readdle Documents (free download) and find the “In the Cloud” section on the left locations column
  • Hit “+ Add”, then choose “WebDAV Server”
  • Give it a title like “Drambo_local” and enter: http://127.0.0.1:8080/ as the URL
  • Leave login and password fields empty
  • Tap on your new Drambo_local entry to connect. The file browser will open.

You now have file management for Drambo like you’ve never experienced in Apple’s own bloody Files.app :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks again Beepstreet for MultiOut in Drambo.
Had a great little lunch time session today:

6 Likes

Really like the sample over the top. Really adds to the track. As a whole sounds really good. Nice job mate👍

I should spend more time on this app. Your getting great results

2 Likes

Really enjoying the whole MultiOut experience of Drambo + AUM…just can’t get enough of it.
Here’s a little moody piece for your Friday/weekend enjoyment. Thanks as always for listening and viewing.
SoundCloud:

YouTube:

3 Likes

Getting a little meditative this evening :pray:t3::two_hearts:
Hope everyone is doing well. Blessings to you and yours :pray:t3::two_hearts:
Drambo sequencing my favorite kit on iPadOS

5 Likes

Can anyone tell me how to automate pattern changes in AUM? I have tried with midi notes but find it a bit buggy. Thanks!

Mapping the patterns to the keyboard in AUM is the only way I have gotten it to work smoothly. I tend to just chain patterns within Drambo most of the time.

1 Like

YAY, that worked perfectly. I just want to be able to change the patterns while I am working out/writing the different sections of the song, so this will do the job.

I wonder if the bug is to do with the buffer in AUM.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I encourage you to reach out to Drambo’s developer and report any issues. He is incredibly responsive and appreciative.

2 Likes

will do. Thanks!

Thought this visual might be useful for AUM+ Drambo users:

Here’s an overview video walk thru of what’s contained in the visual above.
Hope this helps with setup workflow:

4 Likes

This new arp is bretty good.

2 Likes

Here’s an update to my LaunchPad X setup that i walk thru:

9 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Thank you:
Had a good session last night with the new Stratosphere Cloud Reverb and Drambo with MultiOut:

1 Like

Great mapping!

1 Like

Awesome mappings - thanks for putting together the explainer video.

No clue if you have access to a 3D printer or not, but if so you might be interested in check out this mounting brackets I made for Launchpad X. They were originally designed to work with a Microsoft Surface Go, but it’s the same dimensions as an iPad Pro 11 (which I think is what you have?)

1 Like

Oh that’s pretty cool. Time to hit up a friend with a printer. Thanks :facepunch:t3: