Drambo (iOS)

Yes. I got an additional iPad this summer just to keep hooked up to my Digitakt full time. They are an inseparable pair.
I run Drambo, I run a looper, all manor off effects (compressors, reverbs, delays, saturation, filters), and also use midi sequencers, LFO’s, etc.

The Digitakt midi channels can run Drambo and other synths, everything can be looped, sampled, and recorded on the iPad, and of course back into the DT. The options are endless and very powerful.

The DT knobs can be mapped to Drambo and other apps as well.

2 Likes

The things I find take up a lot of CPU in Drambo are: polyphony, wavetables, analog-modeled filters and some AUv3s (especially ones that do oversampling like Saturn 2).

If you try to run a polyphonic wavetable patch with the analog-modeled filters in HQ mode you might eat up a lot of your processing.

For most other uses you’ll likely not notice your CPU usage even on an older device. I did a lot of stuff on my 6s+ before upgrading and had a lot of fun making percussive patches etc.

1 Like

I just found the graphic shaper. It’s fantastic.

2 Likes

I tried to buy Drambo but the Appstore tells me i need to change store… wtf? An idea anyone?

This hasn’t happened to me, but from what I’ve read in the past, your payment settings should match the country you’re in. Maybe you recently moved to another country? Have you tried changing the country/region in your appleID settings?

Hello Drambo users! Can any of you clarify if Drambo runs well (and is useable) on OSX? I’ve recently got an M1 Mac Mini and I’m curious about running some of the many interesting and creative iOS apps, including this one.

Thanks!

It has been working well on my M1 MBP.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks. Is the interface OK as well? I’m aware that there can be issues with GUI designed for touch with a mouse etc.

I haven’t changed country in the past weeks and just installed a paying app few days ago.
I tried to disconnect/reconnect, doesn’t work either…

Why is it asking to change for the UK store as i never was in UK?

Not too sure what else I could advise. Maybe write to developer(info [at] beepstreet.com), maybe something is wrong with making app available in the store in different countries. And if it is not, then I guess the only thing left for you is to contact apple support.

Are you using a VPN?

No i’m not.

I shall find a way to contact Apple (last time i tried, the service was « unavalaible »…

Anyone sequencing eurorack with drambo CV out?
I use it to sequence the DFAM using the external CV instrument and a Motu interface but I don’t know if there is a better way and what’s the perfect CV scale for 0-5 volts.

It’s really cool never the less to break the DFAM 8 steps sequencer into more complex sequences.

Also I got the Mixbox app to add some spices. Lovely.

What looper do you use?

Just digging into Drambo… not really used app based things for music before and suddenly thinking ‘why not’…

Couple of questions… what are people running it on? Anyone running it via iPhone? I have an iPhone 12, no iPad (well not one new enough) or Mac. Was thinking about trying it via phone anyway and see how I go… but wondered if anyone else had tried it and whether is workable on a phone’s footprint or is an iPad the minimum is peoples view?

there is a lot of pain via iphone, imho too small to spread wings

Before I upgraded I was running Drambo on a pretty old iPad. It’s worth trying to see if it worksas the iPhone is too small really.

It works pretty well on an iPhone. I use it on an iPhone X and it is scaled nicely for everything but the multitrack view (functional but quite narrow).

@Clarke_111

There is no reason not to have it on iPhone as a sketch pad. I’ve made insane patches before while just killing time.

It’s small, but it’s definitely one of the most optimized for iPhone music apps I have used, especially considering how complex it is. I like to turn down the number of steps so it all fits on one page in portrait orientation, then go crazy with step conditions, and see how much I can get out of a few modules in a few minutes.

But iPad opens it up a lot into more of a DAW. I think both are good in there own way.

definitely turn your phone sideways, it makes a huge difference =D