Drambo (iOS)

a long meditative session for your being and attentive desire to focus and be in the moment:

Thanks for watching :pray:t3::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Well this piece is really nice. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks for giving it a listen and viewing. :pray:t3::facepunch:t3:

1 Like

New track where I used the Polyend Tracker for the drums, bass and all sequencing duties for Drambo instruments and effects.

As always, thanks for watching and providing comments.

Cheers,
-echo opera

Link:

3 Likes

As somebody who has had Drambo release but never clicked with it, to what extent is it possible to suggest that Drambo is Zoia? Which is to say: is it capable of what Zoia can do? I have tried to get along with Drambo and am really impressed with the Flexi sampler, for example, but it never really did it for me. Maybe it would if it stood to save me £450+

As far as I understand Zoia, Drambo can do all the same functions. I bet Zoia has some nice algorithms that Drambo does not, but Drambo allows you to run AUv3s so you can spice it up with more fx by eventide, fabfilter, etc.

I’m also pretty sure you can run more complex patches in Drambo (on an iPad made in the past 3 years) without hitting processing limits.

Zoia does have a tangible interface while Drambo is all touchscreen. But I suspect patching in Drambo is much easier. I know I use a midi controller with Drambo for live stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I have a wealth of AUv3s and MIDI controllers so the playground becomes pretty limitless. In many ways, that’s part of the appeal of Zoia, I guess. Having one box to go at seems more restrictive (in a positive way) although I already have Drambo etc. so it isn’t even an either/or choice.

Is anyone running both?

1 Like

I’ve used both, not so much together as I mostly use Drambo standalone in the couch or with DN and usb cable for a portable combo.

Drambo is great and I’ll probably always keep using it.

I just sold my Zoia last week since I haven’t been wanting to use it, I think it’s a great tool with lots of utility and nice sounding effects, but the interface just wasn’t inviting to me at all. For me the patching was too cumbersome and the lack of visual feedback made everything very hard to keep track of.

Perhaps it was actually Zoia that made me realize the reason I want hardware is to have a good hands-on user experience and it didn’t do that for me, then I’d much rather just use something like Drambo, VCV/Mirack or Bitwig Grid instead to get similar results with less of the hassle. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

Good information for those who, like me, are waiting for the update. The developer wrote on fb that he thanks everyone for their patience, and the update will be out before Xmas.

13 Likes

How’s drambo performance with the entry-level ipad ? (A13 chip, 9th generation)

I have Drambo on my M1 MBA but I miss the tactile experience, so I thought I’d get the cheaper ipad.

I have the entry level ipad from 2017, and it runs totally fine on it for my usage.

1 Like

Thanks. Can you describe a bit your usage ? Is it polyphony-heavy, is it fx/verb heavy ? I guess I could monitor the CPU usage of drambo on my M1 but I don’t know how to translate that to the A13.

I use quite a lot of external auv3s. Brambos stuff, sugar bytes drumcomputer, zeeon, pure acid…
No huge polyphony, mainly mono synth lines, a few pad sounds with only few voices.
I build some simple synth voices in drambo as well, but nothing huge, mainly simple subtractive voices.
Fx also no too much, mainly Reverb and delay as send fx for all tracks.
Didn’t have any cpu struggles so far.

1 Like

Ok, that’s interesting. Looks like I should be fine with the cheaper Ipad then. I just need midi clock / audio out to integrate it. I thought I could use one of my Digitone/Digitakt/Model:Cycles class compliant audio ?

can’t help you here, I only use it standalone

1 Like

I use Drambo, along with many other apps, inside of AUM with my Digitakt or Digitone Keys as a sound card. It’s a lot of fun.

1 Like

So basically exporting stems when needed ?

Great !

I mostly build little tracks and jam out the arrangement by muting/unmuting tracks and changing patterns… and just record the stereo.
I‘m hoping for a songmode soon.
It‘s just a great playground for creating ideas

1 Like

Just out of curiosity I plugged Ipad into Digitakt. I was sure about audio, but I didn’t know if it would work with clock. And I can confirm - audio from Drambo (standalone) is coming out of DT outputs, and Drambo is getting clock from DT. I just messed something up in the settings and at first it didn’t work, but finally it did.

Edit: and one more thing regarding performance. I sometimes open Drambo projects on my old iPhone 7 with A10 chip and never had a problem, but these are rather simple patches.

1 Like