Drambo (iOS)

Hah no worries, it took me a long time to realize this as well. And a number of other Drambo tricks and perks, there are so many options available it’s kinda impossible to see the big picture.

Let me know about anything you do using this trick! I’ve never tried it.

Don’t know about the markers, but it has transient detection or the option to use a splice grid

1 Like

you can put arbitrary markers

It would be great to just be able to load them in, it’s just header info that can be read after all. I’d love a use for them, I spent hours making them.

1 Like

This is something I’ve pestered against across the years, but none seems to care about standards when it comes to sampling technology and smpl chunks are largely ignored. That’s why you have to again and again tediously find loop points for your samples in pretty much any “modern” sampler you’ll use.

1 Like

On a more positive vibe, I’ve just installed drambo on a old ipad air and it performs remarkably well !

1 Like

If it had this feature, I’d be much more excited about it and could see myself integrating it into my hardware setup. I loved that aspect of the Octatrack and Octachainer is an excellent program for making them from a folder of WAVs, having to use equal sizes is wasteful.

Don’t get me wrong, Drambo looks great from what I’ve seen and one day I will no doubt buy it, but I’m just not using the iPad much for music making these days. I did get excited for a minute there when I saw someone mention using sample chains. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m with you here (oh how I hate to fiddle with loop points on a Digitakt… especially when I’ve done perfect looping on the computer). But when used with new sound material, Drambo is pretty easy with markers/slices.

1 Like

Anyone know how to route multiple outputs from one AUv3 (like Pure Acid) to different tracks in Drambo? I want to process my 303 and drums on separate tracks

You just need to use the “Multi-Output” auv3 and then wire each of those outputs to the other tracks.

Put Pure Acid before the processing tracks. Put an Amp module on each track you want to use for processing. Click the Amp input, then click the track Pure Acid is on and select the input you want to route.

3 Likes

I made a device using the wavetable elements with a mod matrix slot patched to each knob. I was going for a streamlined workflow similar to U-He Hive (but much simpler) were you can create very animated sounds in a very short time. all sounds are factory tables.

patch is in the vid description

11 Likes

Just bought Drambo, excited to try it out!

3 Likes

Feel free to ask questions here or at https://forum.beepstreet.com/ . With all its depth it can be a bit confusing at first and tbh the documentation isn’t the best (the developer is spending all his time developing new features right now).

1 Like

I only hope for some kind of songmode. Thr rest is perfect. Preferably with mute states

1 Like

the patterns are midimappable. you can use whatever you want to sequence them as a “song mode”

1 Like

Maybe I‘m ignorant, but I’d like to use Drambo to sequence them.
Keeping it all in one workspace

1 Like

you can use drambos own sequencer to accomplish this

you can also host another sequencer in drambo if you prefer that sequencer an still stay in drambo

1 Like

Thanks for the tip :slightly_smiling_face: Have to check the video

Blissing out tonight with Bleass Omega FM in Drambo:

3 Likes