Drambo (iOS)

Really nice. Do you use Chordjam to sequence Omega?

Randomize and LFO every parameter in your Digitone

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah i use ChordJam to sequence Omega in Drambo.

1 Like

I made percussion modifications and 50 velocity sensitive presets for my Drambo FM instrument rack. very tweakable with lots of sounds to be found.

8 Likes

Have a blessed Sunday and thanks for watching:

5 Likes

that’s lovely :fire:

1 Like

anyone used opz as midi controller for drambo?

Thank you

Yep. Quite a bit. It’s a nice setup with Drambo and the iPad in general.

1 Like

Pardon me if this is an newb question, but it’s there a way to have note gate lengths longer than 16, but shorter than infinity?

If you set the “beats in pattern” to greater than 4 before entering the note, you can. It seems to default back to sixteen if you make an edit in “step edit”. It’s either a bug or the fact that Drambo is built as a 16 step sequencer. It works if you know the length ahead of time.

I know what you mean though.

Also, the sequencer view needs to be in 1/1 to exceed 16 steps.

the cv sequencer module.
love using em into quantizers for melodies.
is there any way to modulate the pitch section of the cv sequencer? :thinking:

1 Like

There is is no way to modulate it IN the module. But you could take the output of the module, and apply an LFO to the cv signal.

If you used a Gate/Velocity sequencer instead of CV, you could then use the gate output to drive a sample and hold so that the LFO modulation to the “velocity” output didn’t fluctuate over the course of the step.

2 Likes

amazing. I love creative solutions in modular.

Thanks a million :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently picked up PlayBox from Native Instruments and i just love the sounds it’s creating for me and thought I’d share some of my early stage samples with everyone.

I’d love to hear what you Drambo FlexiSampler lovers make with it😉

Here’s the link to the sounds from way out:

After seeing this RMR video i was sold:

Where I ended up this morning after dropping the kids off at school.

Parking Lot jams :crazy_face:

1 Like

I know Drambo can host AUv3’s, but can it be used as a plug-in itself?

Yes*, however it cannot host plug-ins while being used as a plug-in, i.e. you cannot load it into AUM and then load audio units into that instance. Drambo is only a host in standalone.

*I don’t own the app - it’ll my next iOS purchase - but I regularly visit the Audiobus forums, and got this info from there from a recent thread.

1 Like

Okay thanks. My main interest is to buy it and try to use as a plug-in in Logic on my M1 Mac. Do you know anyone who has tried this?

I’ve done this a few times. It works ok, though it failed plugin validation at first. I had to rerun it a couple of times to get it to pass. And even now, I’ve had it crash Logic every once in a while. I save religiously when I have it in a project.

The UI is also still full of iPad-isms (double click to open a menu instead of control-click/right-click) which make it a bit annoying to use. It’s fine. It’s just that it’s a really amazing experience on the iPad and that doesn’t 100% translate, so it feels worse than it is.

Thanks, does it sync playback?