Drambo (iOS)

Like, when you press play on the logic transport does it start the Drambo transport? Yes.

1 Like

Some more samples to explore:

2 Likes

I know it’s been discussed before, but I’m interested if anyone has settled on a controller for Drambo? As in, one they use a lot with Drambo.

I would love a controller that could take the audio from Drambo/iPad and just pass the audio through the controller with some audio out ports.

This made me feel like I was in an underwater cave, exploring mysteries found inside. Thanks for sharing!

Edit* Never actually been in an underwater cave, but I imagined playing a cool exploring video game with your atmospheric song.

Hrmmm…If you want audio support on the same controller that is Controlling Drambo, you only have a few options (all of which I have used):
. Maschine+
. OctaTrack
. MPC One (live as well)

• all of the above require an Audio Interface between your iPad and controller

. SP 404 MK2 (my preferred one since it only requires a single USB-C Cable to do all the Midi and Audio to and from the iPad)

If you want a non audio based controller, the LaunchPad MK3 are amazing because of Custom Modes:

1 Like

Many thanks! I was definitely going for that wombish aquatic vibe on this track :slight_smile:

1 Like

Digitone Keys - 16 knobs, 37 keys, 4 midi sequencing tracks, no audio interface needed between, and has a bonus sound generating engine.

3 Likes

Yep…and DigiTone as well…forgot about this loverly instrument. I only have the little one…not the Big Keys sibling!

These are great suggestions. Thank you. I have the DKN. I’m going to spend some time with Drambo/iPad tonight, and map out something coherent to me.

I’d like to find something more portable and perhaps battery powered in the future. I find most of my free time is outside of the house.

I love starting a new project with the sample drum machine. I’ll see how the DKN handles playing in the drums on the keys to get some velocity variations. My backup plan is to just set the velocity values after the notes are in the sequencer, and utilize the Humanizer midi processor module, but I’m hoping the DKN won’t let me down.

Thanks again!

You could probably add MC-101/707 to that list. No audio interface required

2 Likes

Maybe… digitakt ? :wink:
Midi+audio+drambo+ …digitakt :slight_smile: with one usb cable too .

2 Likes

Here’s my last drop of PlayBox samples I will share in bulk. In the future I will probably include them within Drambo Project files to insure tighter distribution of samples :smile:

Travels Beyond Samples + Drums : D Minor @110bpm:

1 Like

Can you record plocks using AU instruments? I can’t figure it out.

Also is there a way record parameter changes rather than programming then in?

Thanks

Sure, click on the AU loaded in the window, this opens the AU and on the right press map, turn the parameter you want to p-lock, close the AU then in the hosting block you’ll see a knob with the parameter you’ve selected.

IIRC, you can select 8 parameters for modulation.

1 Like

I’m happily using a FaderFox UC4

Live record. It’s just like Elektron–REC+PLAY, then twist away as your tune plays.

Curious to hear from folks here who highly rate Drambo and feel productive with it;

What’s the best way to approach Drambo mentally?

I’ve had it on my iPad for a while now but only messed about with it and never ‘connected’ with it (and do feel like I’m definitely missing something).

Should I think of it as a DAW?
Or a virtual modular system?
Or what?

Any links to good YouTube videos appreciated to? :+1:

Thanks so much. I must be getting old LOL

1 Like

Great thanks