Dreadbox Medusa

That’s generally the correct answer for most things in my studio… :wink:

4 Likes
1 Like

That black edition is so beautiful i want to cry every time i see it :slight_smile:

I have mine running through a GFI Tempus and it sounds amazing!

1 Like

Really want a Tempus.

must sell some stuff and not use credit card!!

2 Likes

Speaking of selling. My Medusa Limited is up in Sale.

Hey there everyone ! Here is a 10 patches demo of the Medusa by my good friend from Algorythmik and myself :

5 Likes

Asked at Muff, but I want to try here, too: can the pads be triggered via external controller? In other words, can I set up pads with their own parameters, then trigger each pad individually via external controller and have the pad’s set of parameters sound? Looking through the v1 and v2 manuals, I can’t find any MIDI assignment to the pads, so it looks like an external controller can only be set up to play one of the six oscillators, depending on channel assignment.

1 Like

Some Medusa acid over here folks :

6 Likes

Would be nice, but I don’t think it’s possible. However, better ask Polyend directly or via fb page.

special edition is €665 euro at Juno UK at the mo.

I was tempted but I am not convinced of this synth

I have checked several videos but I have not heard a single demo with good inspiring sounds

it’s my favorite poly, apart from the lack of fx. we’re all different tho innit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am sure it is a good synth, I am looking more into experimental/drone sounds and so far I have heard standard sounds which you can do with any poly analog

I hope to be wrong as I really like the idea

The earlier demos, when the Medusa first came out, focused a lot more on the wavetable sounds - which are not sounds that anyone would mistake for analog

Would be interesting to know if we can create dub chords sound or long evolving drones…maybe it is something you can do with modulators

I believe these early reviews - both 2 years old and thus not including features introduced by recent updates - touched on those things.

Hi there,
I’ve just published a demo video of a Sound Pack I’ve created for Medusa (sometimes a bit heavy on reverb - cough). It’s focused on Ambient, Dub / Melodic Techno and Electronica. Maybe you find it interesting

shameless promo following -
Purchase Link Perseus Sound Pack: Polyend Dreadbox Medusa Sound Pack "Perseus" • limbicbits.com

8 Likes

That is a great pack !

Lots of inspiring ideas come up with your patches…

Thanks a lot !

The discount doesnt hurt either :wink: …looks like I have a date with Medusa tonight :woman_genie:

1 Like

nice!!! please make a pack of organic, soft, warm patches… will definitely buy them!

1 Like