Dreadbox Nymphes

Still no manual on the dreadbox site (for more information). I hope that rotary knob is of good quality !

I donā€™t need this, but really want it. I guess itā€™ll come down to if I remember to consider it the next time my gear fund is full, but I keep thinking that my negelcted Model:Samples would pair really well together as a perma-controller-sequencer.

The ā€œnarratorā€ sounds like he/it keeps trying to finish sentences while holding in a bong hit.

1 Like

I donā€™t like the look of this interface tbh.

i have set the speed of the video to 1,25 immadietley to prevent my brain falling asleep, lol

That would be because he is the semi-legendary Dreadbox superfan ProckGnosis, and itā€™s more like swigs from the beer stein.

8 Likes

Looks like a really interesting synth, with some cool and original features. Sounds great too, from what Iā€™ve heard.

For me though, Iā€™m pretty sure the user interface would confuse the hell out of me. Some Norand Mono style LEDs wouldā€™ve gone a long way. Even another knob or two couldā€™ve made things so much simpler.

Iā€™ll wait for news regarding the new Abyss.

3 Likes

I agree. The interface puts me right off. Sounds good though.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to know more about the innards of the Nymphes. I wonder if they are using any of the newer SSI chips to fit 6 voices in such a small package.

The Super 6 Nymphes. Sounds great. Love the chord mode so handy. Analogue Osc and Filters too(which is cool).

I just got mine and it is great. The menu system isnā€™t as complex or annoying as I thought it would be. I tend to hate menu divey style operations, but itā€™s actually fairly intuitive in a way. Dare I sayā€¦ I actually even like it?

I put together a review since there isnā€™t much out there on it at the mo. With some sounds.

21 Likes

plus surprise bonus lesson in pronunciations and bonus ā€˜yass another scottish ā€˜nautā€™, nice one, watching now!

3 Likes

I like youā€˜re talking :slightly_smiling_face: and I want that synth. Ran out of space unfortunately, even for this tiny synth

3 Likes

I sold my MicroMonsta for it :smiley:

3 Likes

Haha Iā€™m waiting to lose all my American subs for that one. I am sure I put the accent on the wrong part of the word too so Iā€™m waiting to get abuse for that as well.

We need more regional accents online!

7 Likes

Excellent review! Nymphes is definitely on my wish list. I also hold Dreadbox at least partly responsible for my barely under control Eurorack habit. Love their instruments.

3 Likes

You need a bigger broom cupboard dude :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

and a bigger flat. And more money

2 Likes

Very helpful, thank you. I am going to be walking around the apartment saying ā€œCraigā€ all day.

4 Likes

Next project springs to mind. Tiny Synth in a Cathedral. :smirk_cat:

2 Likes