Dreadbox Nymphes

Since the Nymphes receives poly aftertouch, perhaps a Hydrasynth Explorer (or any Hydrasynth really) would be a good choice. You’ll also get a badass synth…

2 Likes

When playing through the Digitakt I often use the Aftertouch with DT’s MIDI LFOs instead of via keyboard input, for an extra modulation source … but reading Juniper_steel’s comment the Hydra sounds like a great idea too….

2 Likes

I had a hydra desktop for a bit but didn’t really like the interface and the sound. The aftertouch function of the pads was pretty nice though.

1 Like

Be my guest!

A little chord progression with some filter tweaks.

7 Likes

Wow, this sounds great!

Were you able to map the modulation sources to the controller as well? Each source has its own CC but I’m not sure how to make them apply to the different destinations (modwheel etc) from the controller as well, without touching the Nymphes.

1 Like

nice

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, on the launch control i have 4 buttons mapped to the mod sources and the midimix is mapped to the mod destinations. So i can press one of the buttons and then tweak a knob on the midimix for the mod intensity. It’s pretty handy. But of course the knobs don’t represent the real values when i press another mod source button. So you can’t see the whole matrix in front of you.

3 Likes

I have a problem with hanging notes when i play the Nymphes via midi. With the Keystep it works without any problems but when i’m using other midi keyboards i get quite a few hanging notes. I tried two other keyboards and they’re working fine with other gear, so it must be the Nymphes. Did anybody had a similar problem?

I´ve been using the Torso without problems, haven´t tried with other keys yet. I could try with an old novation SL that I have somewhere to see if any problems accour.

1 Like

Yeah, no midi note hanging problems for me with Keystep 37, Launchkey Mini, DT or ST, hope you’re able to isolate the problem! Nice sounds with it above!

1 Like

Thank you! Couldn’t solve the problem but i just use my Keystep which works flawless. Still a bit strange that my Yamaha Reface and Korg X5 produce midi hangers. But i read that some other people had midi issues too.

No hanging notes from notation sl

1 Like