Dreadbox Nymphes

I think all Dreadbox synths released in the last couple of years are modules.

They did make some Taurus-like synths in the past but those have been long discontinued

It is a module.

15 Likes
8 Likes

Specs:

• 6 voice analog desktop synthesizer;

• 6 different play modes selectable;

• 1 VCO with different waveforms: Sawtooth,square wave and triangle with variable *PWM;

• 1 sub oscillator;

• 24dB resonant low pass filter;

• 6dB high pass filter;

• LFO per voice fixed assigned to pitch and filter cutoff;

• LFO 2 free assignable;

• 2 envelope generators;

• built-in digital reverb;

• 98 presets memory (49 factory and 49 user);

• 2 different fader modes selectable: catch or jump;

• connectors: USB, 3.5mm headphone output, 6.3 mm TS unbalanced mono output;

• 3.5mm jack MIDI (incl. 3.5mm TRS-MIDI Type A to DIN5 adapter );

• Powered via USB (USB cable included) - USB power adapter item 278119 - not included;

• Dimensions: 240 X 124 X 37 (mm); Weight : 0.75 kg

6 Likes

Nothing on the Dreadbox site/YT yet. Thomannā€™s intern mustā€™ve jumped the gun.

Can we change the title to Dreadbox Nymphes @jottwehh?

Edit: I see you did. Thanks!

1 Like

Itā€™s just missing chorus 1+2

9 Likes

Love the clean, simplicity of this design. Elegant. They seem to be aiming to provide an affordable analogue poly and Iā€™m for it.

Unless Iā€™m missing something, would have been lovely to see a round-robin voice-mode a la PerFourmer.

1 Like

Nymphes: 240 X 124 X 37 mm
Typhon: 230 x 130 x 60 mm

Why???

(Since there is no audio, letā€™s complain about something else;) )

4 Likes

was about to buy a ju06a, but I think I wait for demos of this beauty now :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

6 voices mono output?

1 Like

Looking pretty good, and presumably with a decent MIDI implementation.

Compared to the Typhon, a lot fewer FX.

And no midi out/through, which is always nice (and appears on most Dreadbox synths). But it does seem rather nifty all round.

Didnā€™t see a mention of USB audio like on the Typhon as yet, but that was added as a firmware update.

so i presume its quite cheap, perhaps typhon cheap ā€¦ (under Ā£300?) - update - seems like moreā€¦
shame its mono as its got a reverbā€¦

obviously lots of compromises to hit a price point and size, the other abyss 2 poly is likely to cover the more expensive price point similar to their other boxes (Ā£500 and up? it hasnt been announced yet)

whats this going to sound likeā€¦ a juno ?

Thomann says 499 euros

2 Likes

This thing looks ace. Chord function sounds very interesting.

1 Like

The price at Moog Audio in Montreal is 773 CAN$

Ā£459 at andertons.
available november, but i doubt that is real knowing how they specify their dates.
their pictures are a little different , it shoes the scale of the device when compared with novation circuit.
their website indicates ā€˜MORE STOCK in novemberā€™ which would imply theyve already had someā€¦ which is probably bullshit.

Thatā€™s a really beautiful design, borrowing from their eurorack modulesā€¦

Everything is very neatly placed, Iā€™m weary of parameter jumping when it comes to shift functions so it will be interesting to see how they implemented the shift functions

7 Likes

This bit from the Andertons write up makes it way more interesting than the front panel seems:

The Nymphes has 6 voices, each of which has its own VCO with Wave Forming, a sub oscillator and a noise generator! To spice it up even more, each voice has a dedicated LFO with: Key track, Fade In and Fade out, 5 waveforms and wide frequency plus it shares a general LFO (called LFO2), that can target any and multiple parameters with different amount to each one at the same time. This means youā€™ll have 12 LFOs in total to play around with! On top of that, each voice has 2 envelope generators and 2 dedicate filters, a low pass and high pass.

15 Likes