Dreadbox Nymphes

love the design. If it sounds like dreadbox, which it probably will, this is totally for me

1 Like

waaay more interesting after reading that.

:fire:

1 Like

Color me intrigued… it’s these sort of things I like to see from synth manufacturers. New takes on old concepts not the tired old same…

1 Like

Defo! Can’t wait for the demos, so long as they cover lush or dirty evolving pads that are a basically a whole track in and of themselves.

External stereo FX are going to be a must tho :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ever less of those wonderful, chunky, smooth knobs as they go along though.
This isn’t a criticism, I just prefer knobs>sliders that’s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dreadbox made the behaviour of sliders switchable from jump to catch on the Typhon, so another thing for a firmware update, maybe? EDIT: ooops, says catch or jump above…

Dreadbox sounds really fat, I would also like to have one someday - money, money, money;) if you can allude to the part with OT and is it true that OT can only reproduce four voices, instead of these six e.g. ?

Use two midi tracks to cover all 6 voices :slight_smile:

2 Likes

interesting…

This ticks so many boxes, but I really don’t understand why it only has a Mono out…

1 Like
2 Likes

Strange it comes without screen, I am wondering how it will work the preset navigation.

I can’t figure it out too

Formfactor is so cute:)

1 Like

2 Likes

This and some shift button action I imagine:

5 Likes

Sound is, of course, the main factor, but so far it feels like a beefed up LYRA to me

1 Like

Maybe the headphones take advantage of the stereo field

2 Likes

The dreadbox filter/sound is what it’s all about. Everything before the Medusa sounds fat AF, so we’ll see how this pans out.

I’m bemused by the “Smash the Patriarchy” branding. “Imagine that you soothe their pain away and you will become a better human being & synth player”.

I’m all about smashing patriarchy but this sort of branding bothers me, boutique synth company or no. If dreadbox is going to use this messaging maybe they’ll donate some money to an effective charity? Or discuss more about their supply chain and how they’ve tried to have it be more equal? I’m just spitballing here. Imagining you are soothing their pain doesn’t actually do anything for anyone actually oppressed. I’m not a fan of tying virtue to consumption in general but at least this wouldn’t feel completely hollow.

p.s. I like dreadbox and their synths. And this synth looks rad.

29 Likes

Yeah, “buy our 500 € synthesizer to forget about the struggles women endure and feel better about yourself”. Everything before that was good.

13 Likes