Dreadbox Nymphes

Very nice! I’ll put it on next year’s second hand list :snail:

2 Likes

And the Typhon and various Eurorack modules since then too. The Nymphes should sound good on previous form.

Wat?

Bandwagon, innit.

2 Likes

Multiple Voices that can cross modulate each other with more control over envelopes and more LFO’s together with a preset managment, all put through a single Mono out. That’s why it feels like a beefed up Lyra to me

Fair enough, looks more like a juno without the chorus to me.

1 Like

I‘m very hyped. Was looking for something like this. Hope it sounds as expected

Slightly longer tease with more audio:

8 Likes

which were before the medusa?

No, long after. Edit: Medusa was 2018; Typhon and the Chromatic modules came out in 2020.

1 Like

I don’t get juno comparison, i had juno 60, was a bit different than this box. No vco, no second lfo, big and well constructed, with keyboard and long, sliders. I am sure i forgot something. Waveform mixer? Other than that, yeah, they are similar.

Yeah, but there’s very little difference between a VCO and a DCO really. DCO’s are pretty redundant these days, as the ability to keep VCOs in tune has improved significantly since the days of the Juno.

The general signal path and layout is pretty reminiscent of the Juno, albeit with a slightly different oscillator and an extra LFO/broader modulation options.

Having just watched the promo, it sounds pretty Juno too.

1 Like

Headphones out is stereo

and maybe an editor

2 Likes

Genuinely stereo tho or just mono sent to both sides? I can’t find any info on the site.

Looks a bit vanilla to me. Considering the Typhon, I thought they would be pushing the envelope here and not producing something that looks quite standard. Guess we need to wait to see how it sounds.

1 Like

Aah that’s great!

1 Like

I’d say 500 euros (probably around that in USD given their past pricing habits) for a six-voice analog poly with this feature set is pushing the envelope in a different way, though. My guess is this is the more conventional, inexpensive poly and the forthcoming Abyss v2 may be more groundbreaking.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something but so far as I can see it doesn’t have anything like the features to compete with the micromonsta 2 and it costs a lot more.

Honestly I find the Typhon to be a bit vanilla as well, before the FX. Neither have the most oscs, cross mod options etc. I guess the Typhon does have a bit more craziness with its modulations but the raw analog unit is fairly simple.

1 Like

bibenu it costs more but its analog so if that’s something you care about…

the sound probably
More hands on interface as well

4 Likes