+drive alternative SPS-1

I have a mk2 nonUW no plus drive. I don’t use a computer much with making music. Frequent md kit and pattern swapping has always been a chore for me. And live use… Forget it.

Ipad with MidiToolBox app+camera connection kit+m-audio uno=problem solved :joy:

go on… would like to hear more

I bet he uses that miditool app to save a sysex-dump
a backup off the machine in midi so to speak.

good idea stinky… thumbs up.

^Yep, pretty much it.

MidiToolBox has a sysex librarian. It will record, save, and send via midi sysex. Without samples, save and load time is very quick.

I was very happy to learn, the m-audio uno did not exceed the iPad’s ridiculously low limit on usb power (when using the camera connection kit). All worked the same as a dump to a computer.

I can eat patterns and kits pretty quickly on the MD. Dumps have always been more of a pain for me than being creative with pattern and kit usage. I am pretty certain I am comfortable enough with it to use it in a live setting.

The main plus for me is a blank canvas for starting new projects and organization. Without the plus drive, once the md started getting full I would squeeze patterns that went together all over the place and have little scraps of paper with what went together. Total mess for performance.

One big bonus over the plus drive is easily mixing and matching pattern and kits from different “snapshots”