Drone synths

moffenzeef MSG II, Stargazer.

1 Like

I like demos that don’t take themselves too seriously! Much fun.

1 Like

he saves all the seriousness for when he’s designing/making things. :alien:
though sometimes has a laugh with ‘bad ideas’ or simple things.

the MSG and Stargazer both sound excellent and are more than the sum of their parts. have heard people play sets with them as a big part of the sound and i’m always impressed. some FX, some cleverness and other devices in the mix and there’s lot’s of places to go.

his new small devices are getting really interesting… the pocket-clock-it is fantastic.

3 Likes

I especially love how he fake ended his company :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also good looking stuff here (once the bank account recovers)

@Fin25 great drone, like the creeping glitches too

2 Likes

I’m definitely into the sound, I like what’s going on here a lot (6:35 onwards), you can really build the feedback and tension in the delay, and having the touch plates for momentary interaction is cool too.

2 Likes

I have to admit that I thought the touch plates would be gimmicky but they were really useful in performance. Gave a feeling of interactivity that is often lacking in synth based gigs.

1 Like

I keep reading this as small formant drone synth.
Someone should make one.

Anyway, another suggestion… bugbrand weevil. If you can find one. Truly horrible sounding droney little bastard.

2 Likes

Sounds like a construction :construction: :building_construction: site was recorded from a helicopter :helicopter:

2 Likes

The RA-99 by Rare Waves has a good formant filter. Perfect for drones:

1 Like

yes, i have all Sinevibes and DirtBoxSynth plugins too, and a lot of free plugins.

1 Like

And all from the relative comfort of the home office.

2 Likes

Small, eco friendly and analog as analog can be:

4 Likes

If one wants really insane noise box I would suggest Dr Moonstein custom builds. Got one of them, it’s quite punky

2 Likes

Those look crazy! Another builder to check out…

Also jmt synth from japan ld-1 and ld-2

3 Likes

Did you get this model? It is on my wishlist since a while but I am stuck between positive and negative reviews…

I bought an elmyra on a friday and liked it so much that I sold it on sunday and went out and bought a Lyra8 on monday

6 Likes

No. This demo doesn’t convince me. Although I realize a didge is hard to record probably I can’t imagine this thing is something close to a thick, long and low end sounding piece of wood. More like a ukulele vs dreadnought.

Not a drone synth but I’ve always fancied one of these from JMT

1 Like