Drone synths

Grendel Drone commander pedal is small and battery powered

http://rarewaves.net/products/grendel-drone-commander-classic-pedal/

1 Like

There’s a builder from Finland whose aesthetics I really like called Metsään (Finnish for ’into the forest’).

I only have an EMF signal translator from them but there are some pretty interesting designs there, as long as you’re into the noisier side of drone activity.

4 Likes

I have this and it’s fantastic. I did have an original ammo can unit but stupidly sold it. I’d love to get one again.

If your into eurorack, the best by far, can also be used with a small case.

2 Likes

Or even this can make nice droning sounds

3 Likes

Indeed, I love Elmyra. Very Lyra-like indeed, but still it has its own character.

I have the pedal, which is excellent - I always GASed for an ammo can version, but mainly for the aesthetics. Is there any difference sound wise?

1 Like

If they sound the same, get the pedal version and mount it in one of these?

1 Like

Yes, there is a difference, the ammo can sounds a lot better, down to different parts used, the eurorack version is closer to the ammo can version, i have had all versions of the grendel, i regret selling the ammo can version which wasn’t the standard one.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Damn. They do look so good. Have cracked and bought an ammo can version that just popped up on UK Reverb for £280/$385 - will be interesting to compare it to the pedal, and can always flip the one that scores lowest on the drone beauty test. Arriving on Tuesday.

5 Likes

Wow, thats a brilliant price for the ammo can, you have certainly got a bargain there, you will love it👍

2 Likes

Its missing the lid, hence the lower price I guess. But I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. I suspect most people just take it off anyway.

Yeah, I took mine off all the time as it got in the way as I mounted it on a shelf facing me.

1 Like

Now this is a rather fine combo. And not just because the paint jobs match :slight_smile:
Add a bit of woozy echo and away you go…

7 Likes

That’s an absolute steal, how did I not see it :weary::weary:

1 Like

i had a hard time to recall what was the name of the company but now - yeah - Kintetik Labs.

The make truly nice drone / experimental small machines! The most beloved is ILL LOGIC:

3 Likes

J3RK

2 Likes

Double Knot 2 is very cool little noise maker… more rythmik / abstrakt kind of thing, but could be droney of course… just add delay and/or reverb…

1 Like

this looks fantastic! Know where these can be picked up/get more info?