Drones without retriggering

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to sequence drones without retriggering the note? So it’s like an endless drone?

I’ve tried using the ‘1st’ conditional trigger, but the drone runs out eventually. That’s with the gate on and decay also set to max.

Cheers
John

Try to use length set to inf

1 Like

Great idea, never thought of that!

Cheers
John

It works best with no playback in DT but it should work on Cycles too. So you trig tracks manually. Try also different layers of the same sound with subtle variations in other tracks; this gives depth and harmonics to your drone.

What do you mean with no playback?

Set sustain to inf then trig tracks manually without pressing [play] button to avoid retriggering of the step.

No adsr in Cycles

Is there anything similar to adsr in Cycles?If so the trick should work for trigless drones.

No I don’t think there is

I set the first trig to 1st and than len to INF

I will try your method with Digitone

You can even work on playback mode and set a track sustain to inf and then trig a note manually by pressing the track button or a note in chromatic mode. Never tried this on DN but it should work.

Thanks for all the responses. I had a play with the m:c today. Set trig to ‘1st’, made sure the gate button was enabled, and set note length to inf…which produced the desired drone!

1 Like