Drum n' Bass Battle #3 (Cinematic Noir Edition) [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

I am by no means an expert, but I can try to help

…bugger…I think it’s just been my Apple AirPods causing the issue as I switch between headphones and AirPods.
Just plugged in the trusty old 990 Pros and the project plays fine.

1 Like

I sometimes get errors if I bounce too high a bitrate and my 404 doesn’t recognize the audio.

I use something by Blezz Beats. He calls it an “audio convertalizer”.

Maybe you need to reconvert the samples to 16 bit/44k.

Let me get a link for you.

@DrOrthogonal

Just scroll down past the sample packs. It’s free.

Just open and drag and drop your individual samples into the program, and the converted files will go back to the folder the originals are in.

I would go 16/44 .wav. That’s your best chance at universal compatibility

2 Likes

That might be it if you have spatial audio checked.

1 Like

Still a good program if you ever need to convert audio. It’s pretty dope.

1 Like

I would leave out flams and rolls in the slow version. Keep it simple, speed it up to the desired tempo, and make a few chops that start with kicks and snares. I like to assign them to midi and play live parts, then tweak the recorded midi notes. You could experiment with a tracker like Renoise to sequence the chops.

1 Like

No, spacial audio not checked and I did verify my sample rates. Because it kept cocking up my sample playback speed and I didn’t have any ‘hardware’ plugged in (I assumed it meant an audio interface) I thought I was ballsing up my samples by re sampling them.
It seems it genuinely was a ‘hardware’ issue caused by me randomly swapping between AirPods and wired headphones.
Not sure why it hasn’t effected me before but switching back to headphones 100% solved the issue.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve deleted the project and started again. I’m sick of hearing the sample now :cry:

1 Like

Just take a break… work on it again tomorrow… Fresh ears.

1 Like

https://rhythm-lab.com/breakbeats/

Yo, they got some Bernard Purdue beats!

1 Like

check this out for Bernard Purdie beats
https://www.youtube.com/live/hYpN2wUI0zM

1 Like

Saved to my folder of samples!

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes i think i have 1 of these on record…classic sample fodder

Mpc one/live has one of the easiest sample slicing function putside of DAW in my opinion. Lazy chopping workflow!

From ehat i can tell maschine is similar

2 Likes

I love Maschine!

1 Like

You a transformers fan too? Nice OG wheeljack, I’m more into g1 decepticons myself I’ve got a massive devastator on my desk :+1:

1 Like

That looks like the masterpiece edition wheeljack. Very nice choice

Funny that seeing this was the catalyst for me going from lurker with no account, to finally signing up

1 Like

I have followed this advice, thanks :pray:

2 Likes

I feel honored! Welcome! And you are more than welcome to join the battle if you like…