Drum n' Bass Battle #3 (Cinematic Noir Edition) [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!]

Thanks!

I think Ill have a crack at this one in the spirit of trying to finish tracks - I regretted not trying on the last two

1 Like

Glad to have you!

I posted this in my setups the other day.

This is my audio engineer.

1 Like

Hell yeah now that’s the thing right there, I’ve only got the one combiner left from my collection but I had a ton of 3rd party masterpiece decepticons, soundwave, shockwave, obviously megs, and the seekers, wish I’d kept them but missus was forever rolling her eyes every time a new package arrived from showzstore… if you’ve never peeped behind their curtain take a look…

https://showzstore.com/

1 Like

Im currently coming doen with a cold which is annoying. Haven’t made a start at all but hopefully ill get better within the week to start something

1 Like

You will… a week is a long time to be sick, and not to get bored. the fifth is a long way away, and if you just throw something together, still submit… all is welcome.

Hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

Ive been here before… i am waiting for a good SDF 1 toy that transforms… or a varitech from Macross plus thats fun to transform, instead of overly complicated for the sake of realism…

Good taste sir!

1 Like

Just coming in to check on everybody, see if anyone needed help or something.

I haven’t started quite yet, but I’ve got some great submissions so far.

1 Like

I missed submitting to the last dnb battle AND the last hiphop battle, so I am committing to this battle!

2 Likes

I haven’t even started my track. I use Maschine to do breaks now, and it becomes a rabbit hole (ew, another rabbit metaphor), so I dont want to get consumed right yet.

1 Like

Same here.

I’m trying to decide if I’m going to try and put something in.

1 Like

Do it!

Oaky… fair warning…

so I haven’t started yet, like I said… and for good reason… I sorta skimped on the hip hop battle… i wanted to play in my own synths, and I was just coming off of Jamuary, so I wasn’t in the mood for it really…

So I had a poor showing… really mediocre.

This is different…

I was thinking of playin in my synths and trying some things out, but eFF all that noise. I have some synth loops, and I haven’t used the Maschine in a minute, so I want to go hard on the sample chopping…

Im gonna make this shit bang… I mean, I’m going Hard As Fuck.

Edit… I have been staying away from DnB for this very reason… by the time i’m done, I want to be exhausted… totally spent… laying in a pool of sweat, JUST WAITING for the deadline so I can get my tracks out…

cookin up that Sweet Heat. JAMboolaya.

2 Likes

Lets GOOOO!!!

2 Likes

Close to wrapping up my submission up after a month of tinkering. It’s been a slog because I’ve fully embraced the Cinema Noir theme and my track is like nails on a blackboard. It’s been hard putting more than short stints into working on it…I pity you poor suckers that have to listen to it :biohazard:

1 Like

Word! Thats actually good inspiration… a full tension track… hmmmmmm.

Watch out… spillin some sauce a bit! haha.

1 Like

This track! Made me totally crazy when released !!!

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve thought of an idea!

However the annoying thing is I now only have a week to do it, I’ve got a hellish week at work ahead of me and I’m running a half marathon so I might not be able to get it to the standard I would like.

Still it’s better than I was doing with zero inspiration.

It is however the most idiotically, making things difficult for myself, me thing to do so anyone who’s heard my stuff will know it’s my track despite it being anonymous!

4 Likes

Okay. It’s Monday. Do I start going hard today?

Break out the Maschine, and chip chopping?

Yes.

Time for the dark arts.

2 Likes