Drum Programming with Kontakt and Digitakt

Hey everyone, this is going to be a newbie question, so potentially a really stupid one, I apologize in advance. I just got the GGD Invasion library because it was on sale and i like the sound of it.

So as per all GGD tutorials, you would use the piano roll to program drums using GGD inside Kontakt.
But how would one use the Digitakt in conjunction with Kontakt in order to program drums in a way that is not using the piano roll, and then export that to the DAW? Should I stick to the piano roll?

Also I guess a broader side question here would be, has someone used Digitakt so far to write rock drum beats?
Thank you in advance.

I kinda found my answer here :slight_smile: https://www.reddit.com/r/Elektron/comments/j1559q/can_the_digitakt_be_used_for_convincing_straight/

I don’t really think this is an area where the dt shines to be honest. For sequencing realistic drums, I find piano roll much better, or best of all, get yourself a copy of renoise. Inputting all the small details of realistic drums is very convenient with a tracker and adsr keyboard

1 Like

Thank you so much, you are right. I wll stick to the piano roll and will check out Renoise, never heard of it. Cheers.