DSI Rev2

I agree completely!

Bug fixes yes.

I absolutely love all the additions that Elektron adds.

I’d never expect it though.

If it’s a mentioned feature that doesn’t make it into the initial release, then I expect it eventually.

There are companies that go above and beyond, and that’s great, but I don’t think it should be expected. A working instrument, even with the odd flaw is totally fine. The uWave XT is my favorite synth, despite a few minor issues for example.

2 Likes

It’s nuts over there. There’s users wanting a vintage mode :roll_eyes: shimmer reverb :face_vomiting: and everything that a novation summit does too.
I get why DSI have called it a day. Bugs fixed, synth works. Move along.

3 Likes

I will never understand people not understanding easy concepts to understand!

absolutely. fix what’s broken. anything more is a bonus and shouldn’t be expected, nor criticized if not delivered.

k.

1 Like

:slight_smile: I’m still in love with my Rev2. It sounds soooo good.

4 Likes

Anyone have any thoughts or point me in the direction on how to make the rev 2 sounds like this :

Or this :

https://youtu.be/c8GV3PT0rEc Here it’s the main synth line coming in at around 20 seconds in , seems like a basic patch

They sounds like fairly simple patches but am curious what kind of wizardry makes them sounds so lush (?)

1 Like

I like that sound alot and would be interested in the answer, too. I have an Ableton Wavetable patch that comes close.

have you read this? he discusses the track a bit:

4 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the share ! So just 30 oscillators and some euro filters I guess :joy:

2 Likes

may be simpler than that…? or he’s being vague about it…?

1 Like

Any pedestrian soft brass patch, with delay and reverb.

When sequencing Rev2 module with external gear in multi mode, is there a way to play both layers of a stack patch live with only one MIDI track on OT?

I usually sequence split patches with multi mode, layer 1 being a OT MIDI track set to channel 5 and layer 2 set to channel 6 on another OT MIDI track.

Of course there would be a workaround of recording notes on OT MIDI track one and then copying it to the second one. But what if I wanna play a stacked patch live?

No.

OT tracks only send on one MIDI channel. Multi-mode makes layer B listen to MIDI on the Rev2 MIDI Recv channel + 1 (except if you set the Rev2 to receive on ch15 or ch16, which case it loops round and responds on ch1 and 2. Yes, it’s weird).

You’ll have to turn off Multi-Mode. Or get some kind of MIDI-merger/splitter thing.

(I recently sold my Rev2. The main reason was accessibility related, but multi-mode repeatedly felt like it was too fiddly to be useful and ended up a wasted feature, for me. It’s a shame 'cos I loved the sound…).

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker I guess. I just received my module today after selling the keyboard and already feel like I will make a lot more use of the compact unit than I ever did with the keyboard, was just to big for my room to be useful. Although the keys were superb.

Curious what synth you chose to replace it? The multi timbrality is a huge plus of Rev2 for me, even though it could be implemented more accessibly like on an Elektron device with tracks that are easier to mute, change and save.

1 Like

I loved it for playing splits. I didn’t enjoy trying to sequence it at all. If I played in bands more often, I’d be very tempted to buy another one (or not have sold it in the first place).

Nothing yet. Well… I got an Analog Four, but it’s not a direct replacement.

I don’t have an urgent need for a direct replacement as have I three other keyboard poly/para synths (Matriarch, Juno 106, Junost-21) - and not enough time to play. Eventually I’ll look to getting another bread + butter poly. The P6 sounds great, the OB-6 too but it is almost too characterful (I might sell the 106 to find an OB-6). The Super 6 sounds great, but also has quite a strong character. I’ll have to see how my finances and music evolve.

1 Like

Edit: issue solved

I have noticed on some Sequential synths, that even though they were listed as having unbalanced outputs, I would get a little noise until I switched to balanced cables. May be worth trying out.

2 Likes

Thanks, this actually did the trick.

Guys give me a hand pls!

What’s going on with the sounds I hear after filter cut off is closed?
Yes and filter envelope on zero.
Is there some sound spill over in the amplifier section as it seems so?

Thanks!

All DSI/Sequential synths suffer from oscillator bleed thusly.

It is what it is. You won’t hear it when you’re playing.

Cheers!

3 Likes